Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I dont understand that tweet? Whose said that?

I missed the bit on wraith show about De Marco's tweets. What did Keith say about them?

It’s all part of the Saudi 2030 vision setting out their goals. That gentleman in the pic is our potential new chairman.

Yeah, I know who wor Yasir is i just wasn't sure if he had said thise things bullet pointed in that tweet.

Yeah he’s been doing a presentation last couple of days.

Need some news from the GAC before we see any movement on the takeover front...

Yeah seems to be the main hope of getting this done without the need of arbitration.

They did mention on the Steve Wraith show last night that the latest Bein TV premier league deal was based on their broadcast been sold in SA,  so once Qatar and SA strike a deal all road blocks will be removed

If the deal with BeIN is really based on Saudi coverage being allowed then what happens to that deal if coverage doesn't restart?  Hopefully some of those conditions being talked about are the PL ending their block on the takeover.

If the deal with BeIN is really based on Saudi coverage being allowed then what happens to that deal if coverage doesn't restart?  Hopefully some of those conditions being talked about are the PL ending their block on the takeover.

I’ve got no doubt lobbying is going on, even Jacobs mentioned the consortium being in touch with Bein. How it all precisely fits together is open to debate. However, the comments from GAC detailing gulf co-operation leave the door wide open for an agreement.

Question to you Whitley mag.

Considering you're so confident that things will fall into place before the arbitration begins I'd like to know what date the arbitration begins?

Nobody outside people close to the deal will know when the arbitration hearing is due to begin. However, according to Caulkin it could be completed by end of February. This ties in with other timelines mentioned by other people so my calculated guess is very shortly.

As the proceedings are already underway, at any point now an agreement to reinstate Bein could bring everyone around the table and the takeover gets the go ahead without the hearing.

If Bein is reinstated it’s reasonable to assume as part of that the legal cases will be dropped. The PL’s objection is all based around linking the state to piracy, with the legal cases dropped they won’t have a leg to stand on. There is no other broadcasters apart from Bein with legal cases outstanding against Saudi that they could hide behind.

So an educated assessment based on everything in the public domain, and conversations.

Thats it all done

KSA will approve the Bein licence if the EPL approve the takeover and they in turn will be guaranteed the £300million TV money off Qatar unlike the Chinese deal which cost them millions.

Everyone gets what everyone wants except the top 6 who were used the whole time so Qatar could get their massive KSA subscription audience

Sorted

You know he’s taking the p*ss don’t you? :lol:

Point he is making is that he was able to get a subscription in Saudi (via an authorised BEin Box so he's taking the piss out of Jacobs. Question to be asked though is the subscription being paid through Saudi currency or other currency as that Keith from NCSL was saying yesterday you can subscribe via other currencies, but, not through Saudi currency. If he has through Saudi currency then something has changed. Someone has asked that question I see.

Thats it all done

KSA will approve the Bein licence if the EPL approve the takeover and they in turn will be guaranteed the £300million TV money off Qatar unlike the Chinese deal which cost them millions.

Everyone gets what everyone wants except the top 6 who were used the whole time so Qatar could get their massive KSA subscription audience

Sorted

This. As good summation of the situation as I've seen. Plus the top 6 get a share of £350m which would be very welcome in the current climate, even better considering most clubs spend the tv money before it arrives.

Thats it all done

Sorted

I like the cut of your gib

Thats it all done

Sorted

Tomorrow, 3pm announcement.

Thats it all done

Sorted

Ok, not funny.

Thats it all done

Sorted

Ok, not funny.

Make your mind up.

Thats it all done

Sorted

HTT at 3.05PM:

"Told you so"  :lol:

Thats it all done

Sorted

Incorrect; it’s 3pm Riyadh time. Straight after prayers. :thup:

This takeover may look very complex and unachievable at times. But with arbitration set to begin in near future we are as close as we’ve ever been to a decision.

My optimism stems from the imminent reinstatement of Bein, this may get a result for us before arbitration hearing and I suspect along with appointment of a chair, is another reason for delay.

It’s very much in our interests for the legal cases to be sorted asap. Also a key positive factor in relation to separation, there is nothing in the PL rule book to say a state cannot own a football club.

Once piracy is removed the PL have nothing that would stand up in court, and remember without the legal case from Bein the piracy argument is weakened considerably in a court of law.

The Saudis were found not guilty in a French court in relation to piracy, the PL will have nothing to fall back on that they would chance in court.

A note of caution though, though I believe this is the end game, gulf co-operation I believe has changed things dramatically, don’t forget Caulkin always said arbitration was about getting a decision.

If arbitration goes against us, this will be where legal action from consortium can come into play to challenge decision in court.

Unfortunately the above option could take at least a year and as we all know time is not on our side. This will depend on PCP keeping PIF on board.

Now for the NCSL haters, this is where Keith comes in and his action on competition law can be done far quicker, than challenging arbitration decision through high court. If arbitration fails this is our next quickest route to a decision.

This is my view on the current state of play.

Thanks WM , we don’t do anything easy mind .

That’s a good summary that helps mere mortals like me get my head around what’s the hold up/problems  O0

I’m giving it till March 31st because everything I’ve read leads to an expected end game before then, beyond that I’m out mentally for my own good  :lol:

Good luck all pro takeover folk, we need this.