Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I agree relegation will not be a deal breaker, however the Athletic article suggests they will want to renegotiate price. Then Ashley will have to make the decision, gamble on promotion or cut his losses. It maybe a more structured deal around further payments after promotion could be agreed.

I’d happily take a season in championship under new ownership, under this lot it would be a blast.

Not a hope in hell will Ashley change his price as he's shown in the past. He would just keep hold and gamble (again) on coming straight back up. If we go down we can forget a takeover, the only hope is that a positive arbitration can be sorted asap. However if the situation is as bad as it currently is (or worse), then I think PIF may still wait until we know exactly what league the team is playing in. 

I agree relegation will not be a deal breaker, however the Athletic article suggests they will want to renegotiate price. Then Ashley will have to make the decision, gamble on promotion or cut his losses. It maybe a more structured deal around further payments after promotion could be agreed.

I’d happily take a season in championship under new ownership, under this lot it would be a blast.

Not a hope in hell will Ashley change his price as he's shown in the past. He would just keep hold and gamble (again) on coming straight back up. If we go down we can forget a takeover, the only hope is that a positive arbitration can be sorted asap. However if the situation is as bad as it currently is (or worse), then I think PIF may still wait until we know exactly what league the team is playing in.

The landscape is different this time, the club is losing money hand over fist before relegation. The gamble would be far greater this time due to covid and empty stadiums. I think a structured deal would be the most likely outcome, with Ashley getting a foothold for Fraser group in Saudi as a sweetener.

The landscape is different this time, the club is losing money hand over fist before relegation. The gamble would be far greater this time due to covid and empty stadiums. I think a structured deal would be the most likely outcome, with Ashley getting a foothold for Fraser group in Saudi as a sweetener.

If that's the case why is Bruce still the manager. Nothing has suggested to me that Ashley is doing anything different from last two times. Any other club and Bruce would be gone by now and failure to act (especially as the arbitration is still weeks away according to Caulkin) does not cry out to me Ashley has learned one thing from previous years.

If that's the case why is Bruce still the manager. Nothing has suggested to me that Ashley is doing anything different from last two times. Any other club and Bruce would be gone by now and failure to act (especially as the arbitration is still weeks away according to Caulkin) does not cry out to me Ashley has learned one thing from previous years.

Bruce is still the manager due to various reasons, a lack of football knowledge at ownership level, he doesn’t rock the boat, we’re not in the bottom 3 (yet) and with potentially arbitration finished in February he’s hoping it won’t be his problem much longer.

You’ve got to remember what may appear to point to certain things isn’t always the case. At the end of the day Staveley was desperately trying to buy the club just before Rafa left. Knowing potential buyers were desperate to keep Rafa, the obvious move would have been to keep him and not jeopardise any sale.

What would appear the obvious thing to do with all of us, is rarely as history tells us what Ashley actually does.

Possibly, but the best to avoid arbitration is an interesting comment. It's been said a few times now that things are going amicably and avoiding court would make things quicker and better for everyone. (even though I'm convinced we would win anyway)

Which is probably where he’s got it from

Now, now a look through his timeline does not suggest any reason why he would even be remotely interested in our takeover. I’m inclined to believe he is genuine, whether everything he hears is entirely accurate is another matter.

Which is probably where he’s got it from

Now, now a look through his timeline does not suggest any reason why he would even be remotely interested in our takeover. I’m inclined to believe he is genuine, whether everything he hears is entirely accurate is another matter.

Follows Jamie reuben on twitter but no one else remotely Newcastle or takeover related. Just a shit load of MP's and political people. Not your average wum.

Also how's this for some positivity -

Staveley said arbitration timeline of completed end of feb

If they want to get a deal done without arbitration, then that would be quicker (2/3 weeks?)

Everyone waiting for the bein ban in KSA to be lifted,before all being happy with the situation.

This is also why Ashley isn't sacking Bruce, he knows it'll be done in 2/3 weeks maximum then the new owners can deal with the problem.

New owners have updated Rafa on the situation who recently said "he'll wait for the right club in the PL" O0

If they want to get a deal done without arbitration, then that would be quicker (2/3 weeks?)

Everyone waiting for the bein ban in KSA to be lifted,before all being happy with the situation.

This is also why Ashley isn't sacking Bruce, he knows it'll be done in 2/3 weeks maximum then the new owners can deal with the problem.

New owners have updated Rafa on the situation who recently said "he'll wait for the right club in the PL" O0

I don’t think you’re far off the mark mate.

Time will tell, we should know one way or another by the end of next month. Need it to be clarified either way so everyone can move on.

Time will tell, we should know one way or another by the end of next month. Need it to be clarified either way so everyone can move on.

Yep it's certainly keeping me busy and giving me something to do. Quite enjoy looking through all the rumours, speculation and possible leaks and trying to piece bits together.

Much more enjoyable than than actual football at the minute obviously.

Yep it's certainly keeping me busy and giving me something to do. Quite enjoy looking through all the rumours, speculation and possible leaks and trying to piece bits together.

Much more enjoyable than than actual football at the minute obviously.

That’s why it requires to be resolved as people can then make the decision to switch off completely if the takeover does collapse. I knew Ashley was a clueless clown when it comes to running a football club, but, even he has surpassed himself on another level this time.

We just have to hope it can be done before Bruce dugs us too deep a hole for Rafa to climb out of.

Best thing about Rafa's return will be that kernt Shelvey will never play here again

If we go down and they want to take over the club still, does that remove the premier league hurdle? Wouldn't it down to the EFL who don't seem to care? More reasons to keep Bruce as insurance policy if all else goes tits up we can always rely on Bruce relegating us.

If we go down and they want to take over the club still, does that remove the premier league hurdle? Wouldn't it down to the EFL who don't seem to care? More reasons to keep Bruce as insurance policy if all else goes tits up we can always rely on Bruce relegating us.

Not really, the tests in the EFL are basically the same anyway. Just no idea how they would feel about it but you would think they would side with the PL.

I just can't see PIF wanting to buy us in the Championship, there's every chance they buy us and we still go down though, which would be a proper sugar daddy football manager style situation  :lol:

Nope all directors would be subject to the test once we were promoted.

I just can't see PIF wanting to buy us in the Championship, there's every chance they buy us and we still go down though, which would be a proper sugar daddy football manager style situation  :lol:

A little part of me wants us to get relegated after being bought just to see what it looks like 哈哈😄

And by the way, I was quite surprised to hear Keith says De Marco knows what he’s doing with his photos. “The bread took along time to prove”. I can’t  tell if he’s evil or brilliant.

Not really, the tests in the EFL are basically the same anyway. Just no idea how they would feel about it but you would think they would side with the PL.

I still maintain that Ashley is playing his silly gambling games again, which may possibly wreck the whole thing as I don’t think PIF would be interested in a club in the championship. We are seeing Burnley (who were miles behind) now clear and Brighton and Fulham closing up also. If he waits until the arbitration is sorted you could be talking at least 5 weeks and a lot of games played in that period. Those points could well be the difference at the end of the season. PIF may well decide to wait until the end of the season either way now. Time will tell.

A little part of me wants us to get relegated after being bought just to see what it looks like 哈哈😄

And by the way, I was quite surprised to hear Keith says De Marco knows what he’s doing with his photos. “The bread took along time to prove”. I can’t  tell if he’s evil or brilliant.

It’s a total piss take if you ask me. The first ‘bread’ pic with the brown ale is months ago and here we are months down the line still waiting. Thought the guy was a professional ffs