Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

5 hours ago, Dokko said:

Quality issues is good, it's lessons learned and means thry know how to handle volume now. I'd imagine rangers sell more shirts than ourselves so no issues on that front. 

There were some complaints about shoddy sweatshirts etc, but the problem with the kits seemed to be some people were accidentally sent the yet-to-be-released "pro" version, which was to be identical to match-worn, and so people were comparing their tops to their mate and feeling like they'd got a shoddy batch.

20 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Doesn’t the release of this information mean it’s totally fucked? I thought the government was on our side and reading some of this email stuff it seems to me that they didn’t and can’t have any influence in pushing this through even though economically it’s a no brainer to get the deal done.

Electromagnetic force is a force of attraction or repulsion between all electrically charged particles. This force is transferred between charged particles of matter by fundamental force-carrying particles called photons. Because of electromagnetic force, particles with opposite charges attract each other and particles with the same charge repel each other.

Inside the atom, two types of subatomic particles have electric charge: electrons, which have an electric charge of -1, and protons, which have an opposite but equal electric charge of +1

To Be Continued.......Negative Nelly!

11 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Electromagnetic force is a force of attraction or repulsion between all electrically charged particles. This force is transferred between charged particles of matter by fundamental force-carrying particles called photons. Because of electromagnetic force, particles with opposite charges attract each other and particles with the same charge repel each other.

Inside the atom, two types of subatomic particles have electric charge: electrons, which have an electric charge of -1, and protons, which have an opposite but equal electric charge of +1

To Be Continued.......Negative Nelly!

Just wondering if this is to be seen as good or bad, but I guess nobody knows and we will have to take what we want from it

1 minute ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Not ideal that he lobbied him last year and we're still here, no further forward like. If the PL are confident enough to fuck the PM off, it seems like their heels are well and truly dug in.

MBS intervening though doesn't necessarily mean he isnt a separate entity to PIF though. Doesnt damage arbitration proceedings from what I can see. 

Yep I agree with this.

13 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The latest one by hope seems to have ruined all NDM's good work though. 

We wanted them seperate didn't we? ?

But surely the argument here is that the highest courts in SA gave written notice that the two were separate entities and the PL said "aye, nah" so MBS went to Boris and said "Tell them will you." Doesn't mean they are the same entity.

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

But surely the argument here is that the highest courts in SA gave written notice that the two were separate entities and the PL said "aye, nah" so MBS went to Boris and said "Tell them will you." Doesn't mean they are the same entity.

Exactly this, the governor of PIF hand delivered letter from Saudi Royal Court to PL. The conversation between MBS and Boris could have been around separation. This is a side issue to do with Cameron and cronieism, no impact as far as I’m concerned.

We're trying to tell the arbitration panel that MBS has no involvement with our takeover and there he is telling Boris to get the deal done or he will cut trade with the UK. 

That absolutely does us no favours. 

However, I agree that it "shouldn't" be enough ammo for the PL to kill the deal. 

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

We're trying to tell the arbitration panel that MBS has no involvement with our takeover and there he is telling Boris to get the deal done or he will cut trade with the UK. 

That absolutely does us no favours. 

That is absolutely incorrect, I have already responded on the other Takeover Thread about this . . .

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Never understood why this whole ‘being separate entities’ thing mattered anyway tbh. As long as they’re prepared to run a club properly, literally nothing else should matter.

I might have this wrong, but weren't the club originally trying to argue this was a distortion of the O&D test?

Any chance the PL have had this article put out to make the buyers look like dodgy lobbyists, and as a response to getting done by the Ronny Gill. If nothing else, that front page is going to ramp up public opinion against us. All the media gobshites will be on it tomorrow.

Edited by Candi_Hills

4 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Any chance the PL have had this article put out to make the buyers look like dodgy lobbyists, and as a response to getting done by the Ronny Gill. If nothing else, that front page is going to ramp up public opinion against us.

All the media gobshites will be on it tomorrow.

It should be interpreted as what it actually is, instead of the opposite of what it actually is.

It "should" be, but that might not sell enough papers and/or 'clicks', I suppose!

Edited by manorpark

Given its last years news, you wouldn't expect it to make a huge amount of difference to the parties involved.

It sounds like it has been leaked to apply some adverse pressure on the backdrop of the Cameron lobbying scandal.

18 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Any chance the PL have had this article put out to make the buyers look like dodgy lobbyists, and as a response to getting done by the Ronny Gill. If nothing else, that front page is going to ramp up public opinion against us. All the media gobshites will be on it tomorrow.

Think it’s a coincidence and more to do with lobbying in light of Cameron. For all the noise today separation will be decided by a technicality argued by QC’s. The arbitration is based solely on this one point.

Even for all the talk of wrong doing by the PL today, I don’t think this will have any bearing on arbitration and would only come into play in NCSL’s anti competition case. 

The Mail article even tries to link the deal being back on due to lobbying, which we know is bullshit. We knew MBS held a call with Boris not to long back, it wouldn’t take a genius to guess this was brought up in that conversation. However, governments will often support companies get trade deals abroad, and there’s nothing in that article to damage the separation argument.

I’m sure the likes of Ben Jacobs will dramatise it to full effect, but for me it’s interesting nothing else and will have no impact on arbitration.

Edited by Whitley mag