Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So he didn't miss it, but it wasn't attention seeking or a false alarm?

I reckon I've missed it then.

It was my understanding that the information was passed to Liam Kennedy who is waiting for the OK to publish the article?

Plus, I don't think Keith Patterson gave a date at all. Could be wrong. 

So, no you haven't missed it, nor was it attention seeking as such (but I don't know the bloke, so who knows if he likes the attention as well).

Edited by Rocker

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

If he wasn't an attention seeker, he would just announce whatever he has got without this "in a few days" bs.

He's an attention seeker.

I don't know the bloke, nor care if he is an attention seeker. 

1 minute ago, Rocker said:

It was my understanding that the information was passed to Liam Kennedy who is waiting for the OK to publish the article?

Plus, I don't think Keith Patterson gave a date at all. Could be wrong. 

So, no you haven't missed it, nor was it attention seeking as such.

Still a few months before July anyway. Plenty of time. #wait

Twitter thinks its emails confirming Masters and Hoffman were delaying the takeover on the instructions of the Big6 and that they were fully aware of the plans for the ESL, potentially accepting jobs in the executive team running it as payment for putting off the takeover. The Big6 were happy to let it through after the ESL was confirmed, last weeks events fucked everything.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Twitter thinks its emails confirming Masters and Hoffman were delaying the takeover on the instructions of the Big6 and that they were fully aware of the plans for the ESL, potentially accepting jobs in the executive team running it as payment for putting off the takeover. The Big6 were happy to let it through after the ESL was confirmed, last weeks events fucked everything.

If that's the case, why the requirement to leak it via the press? Is this purely to negate the need for arbitration?

We are all free to interpret what Keith does but for me, his constant Twitter presence keeps the fact that the PL are corrupt in the forefront of everyone's minds.
The PL may or may not be watching him. I like to think they are and get unsettled by the constant barrage of reminders of what they are up to.

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I mean, seems plausible.

But am I fuck believing anything from Twitter [emoji38]

7 minutes ago, Ben said:

Quite a scoop for the shields gazette 

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will that mean all of a sudden it’s going to be waved through?

I can't see why not. If Masters and Hoffman were shown to be complicit in a conspired effort to delay the takeover without just cause (which does seem to be the case) then perhaps the roadblocks go away with their removal. 

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Will that mean all of a sudden it’s going to be waved through?

It will be a massive bombshell if true.  1st there is the takeover issue, then there is anti competitive angle.   This would blow the whole setup of the PL apart, Ashley could be sueing on multiple points and issues if this is true!

Edited by Awaymag

27 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

If that's the case, why the requirement to leak it via the press? Is this purely to negate the need for arbitration?

I think if the messages have been have been acquired by nefarious means they would be inadmissible.