Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

The point I was trying to make that was Ashley is selling cheap even in todays market, if he had invested even a small amount and grew the club he could have probably tripled or quadrupled in investment 

Just now, Ben said:

The point I was trying to make that was Ashley is selling cheap even in todays market, if he had invested even a small amount and grew the club he could have probably tripled or quadrupled in investment 

Well, I don't know about that. I wasn't disagreeing with you, but doesn't it depend on how much debt Liverpool have? Are they valued at £3Billion, or is it £2Billion with a Biliion debt

10 hours ago, Awaymag said:

look at you all scrambling to put down any hint of good news or tentative links.   Its okay, grab your comfort blanket and repeat, Mummy did love me!

Easily top 5 worst posters of all time, and let me tell you, we've had plenty of mentally defective, slow-witted, simple-minded and downright moronic people pass though on here. 

An interest free loan from the 100 percent shareholder is very much different to third party debt.

From a buyer's perspective, the fact that Ashley has chose to inject his funds as debt rather than equity makes no fundamental difference to the transaction. 

28 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

An interest free loan from the 100 percent shareholder is very much different to third party debt.

From a buyer's perspective, the fact that Ashley has chose to inject his funds as debt rather than equity makes no fundamental difference to the transaction. 

Yes I know. I'm not disagreeing wit that. Clearly the valuation of Liverpool is unsustainable. They can not maintain a x10 valuation if they do not maintain x10 profit. Hence the constant demands for a bigger slice of the pie. 

24 minutes ago, GWN said:

Lads what is this bombshell for Marsters and co about this week? 
Any truth in it?

No idea but my prediction is that there is proof released confirming masters had involment with the super league plans. 

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

Seems like it's possibly going to be evidence showing that they knew about the plans for the SL and/or Project Big Picture.

If you listened to the three amigos on Friday night they said that Edward's is the mouthpiece for Masters and Co and he spreads their disinformation so I might be worth looking at what he tweets this week.

6 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

So they are paying Ashley £205m for the club and also paying Ashley the £100m he is owed by the club ergo £305m buys the club and clears the £100m debt!

Any deal to sell NUFC would almost certainly be structured so that any owner loan would be eliminated on completion as part of any agreed purchase price. 

The substance of what you say here is correct but the way I would describe it is NUFC are being sold for their market value of circa £300m and Ashley is using circa £100m of that receipt to repay loans to himself - i.e. Market Value = Debt plus Equity 

The most important paragraph in the article. For any doubters Frank Kane is based in Riyadh and has always maintained deal is still alive.

‘People close to the takeover — which was formally withdrawn by PIF and its allies but which remains informally on the table and wanted more than ever by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley — say the English arbitration court judging the dispute will reach a decision in the summer.

They also expect it to go Ashley’s way, and for Newcastle to be majority owned by the PIF before the start of next season’.

It will not surprise me if Masters and Hoffman have been involved or had existing knowledge of the ESL and/or Project Big Picture. I’m fairly sure they were brought in to help smooth such a transition over, and we all know how much of a schemer Masters is, and everyone knows how fucking bent Hoffman is.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

“Did you have that guy murdered, cut up and smuggled out of the country in bags?” :lol:

A Saudi national living in Saudi Arabia who has shown 100% support for MBS is never ever even going to go anywhere near that topic. 😂

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

It will not surprise me if Masters and Hoffman have been involved or had existing knowledge of the ESL and/or Project Big Picture. I’m fairly sure they were brought in to help smooth such a transition over, and we all know how much of a schemer Masters is, and everyone knows how fucking bent Hoffman is.

I don’t really get this they were the first really to come and condemn ESL and also does their product no good what so ever. Why would they be involved? 
writing a statement threatening to Chuck the big out the league. Hardly suggests a smooth transition  

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

I don’t really get this they were the first really to come and condemn ESL and also does their product no good what so ever. Why would they be involved? 
writing a statement threatening to Chuck the big out the league. Hardly suggests a smooth transition  

I don't quite understand this either but Liam Kennedy and Keith aren't idiots. I'm sure they're going to drop something substantial next week.