Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

33 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

It's not entirely unreasonable to say the club was sold. There was a signed sale contract and deposits were paid.

It's also not unreasonable to say it wasn't sold until keys were handed over which they weren't. That's also fine.

Neither is wrong really, it's semantics. But people just have to keep on about it when its pointless. Manorpark mentioned it once as part of a larger post and its developed into a black and white argument over several pages.

E.g. you exchange contracts and deposits are paid on your house and are completing in a month. Would you consider that sold? I'd say yes personally but also understand if people say not until keys are handed over. 

It's not really semantics. Agreeing a deal i.e. exchanging contracts is completely different to purchasing. 

A purchase/sale is completed upon the full funds being transferred; unfortunately at no point has that happened so not at any point has the club ever been sold to PCP/PIF and it is incorrect to say otherwise.

If you exchange contracts on a house and that same day your mate says "I'll come over for a beer" neither of you would be able to enjoy it in the comfort of the "new" house as it's not yours to enter because it hasn't been bought/sold.

I hope arbitration is successful and fingers crossed it will be but this whole "the club has been sold" craic is beyond delusional.

In house terms it is somewhere between a bid being accepted and contracts being exchanged and that isn't "sold". A better example would be a bid has been accepted but the surveyor has found some big issues that need fixing before it can even get to the serious stage.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

I like this thread, it provides a good counter balance to the Relegation-O-Meter, where folks chat about Josh Maja becoming the second coming of Pele.

It clearly isn't stopping bickering and childishness though, so you may as well merge the takeover threads. Kicking off because you don't like someone's opinion is like something from the most tribal depths of Twitter and totally defeats the purpose of a forum.

As for the takeover, I haven't a clue. We know it's going to arbitration and Ashley has appointed NDM, but beyond that, the outcome may be constructive toward a takeover or it may not, unless you're party to the hearing, it's totally up for debate. We all want a positive outcome, but the forum is here to discuss our chances, positive or negative.

Let me join the party...

There are no arbitration for the takeover. Ever heard about "Waiting Godot"? You are like that, waiting for something that you know deeply in the heart is non existent. You just wasting your time. Let it go, and accept the fact that Mike Ashley will be Newcastle owner for ever. And Steve Bruce is NUFC manager for the foreseeable future.

50 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Even the QAnon bunch have mainly clocked on that Trump's not actually still the secret President, meanwhile this thread has usurped 4chan as the home of the most mental fantasies on the internet. I don't ever come in here but I heard toys were being thrown out of prams left right and centre so thought I'd have a deeks. Utter loons. 

I said this a few weeks ago and the thread got locked and I was called out for winding people up.

9 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I read these threads and rarely comment. But there are a few dickheads who come into this specific thread just to argue with those who find comfort here. 

What a weird trait, to go into a thread just to be confrontational. And nobody is fooled that these people are being "balanced" or "constructive". Just stay the fuck out and all is well. 

Get a grip. ‘Find comfort’ this isn’t a fuckin therapy session 

9 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

I read these threads and rarely comment. But there are a few dickheads who come into this specific thread just to argue with those who find comfort here. 

What a weird trait, to go into a thread just to be confrontational. And nobody is fooled that these people are being "balanced" or "constructive". Just stay the fuck out and all is well. 

I will agree to never come back here when the title is changed to "takeover nonsense".

It's really hard to hear people talking shite on a forum and never want to correct them.

16 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We have actual evidence arbitration is going ahead I believe (Ashley's high court challenge, the NDM appointment, etc). That part seems pretty set in stone like.

Yeah, but for what? For the takeover, nah. PIF have said that they pulled out from the deal. The deal is dead. There is an arbitration, but not for the takeover. Maybe Ashley wants compensation from FA for the rejected deal? Maybe, who knows. But definitely not for the takeover.

1 minute ago, Robster said:

To get the thread back on some form of topic, what are the chances that Arbiration has been completed and we are just waiting for mathematical safety ?

yes

3 minutes ago, Robster said:

To get the thread back on some form of topic, what are the chances that Arbiration has been completed and we are just waiting for mathematical safety ?

A lot of people in here put a lot of faith in Kennedy. He’s ‘led to believe’ it hasn’t started yet.

fuck knows tbh

4 minutes ago, Robster said:

A nice thought but surely that would've been leaked by someone if it were the case? Never say never i guess.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

yes

Who is the party holding the timescale back though? NUFC or the premier league? Are we honestly thinking that Ashley is saying "hold up lads, lets see if we avoid relegation before settling this legal issue"?

Is the thought that if we get relegated he just won't bother with the arbitration?

2 minutes ago, Robster said:

Keith Patterson indicated in the NUFC Matters linked a few pages back that it hasn't started yet.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Who is the party holding the timescale back though? NUFC or the premier league? Are we honestly thinking that Ashley is saying "hold up lads, lets see if we avoid relegation before settling this legal issue"?

Is the thought that if we get relegated he just won't bother with the arbitration?

I don't think the takeover will go ahead if we go down 

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Keith Patterson indicated in the NUFC Matters linked a few pages back that it hasn't started yet.

Who this Keith Patterson guy is, do you really believe in him. Maybe he just lying to get people attention?

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

I don't think the takeover will go ahead if we go down 

The take over won't go ahead even if NUFC stays up. Because there is no takeover. PIF said it months ago.

36 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Let me join the party...

There are no arbitration for the takeover. Ever heard about "Waiting Godot"? You are like that, waiting for something that you know deeply in the heart is non existent. You just wasting your time. Let it go, and accept the fact that Mike Ashley will be Newcastle owner for ever. And Steve Bruce is NUFC manager for the foreseeable future.

TIL Mike Ashley is immortal