Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

I know he divides opinion on here and in most places but I would recommend his Friday show. Those who avoid it because it’s connected to SW I do feel are cutting their nose off to spite their face. Last weeks alone is definitely worth a watch/listen. Very surprised little has been made of the Crouch stuff etc on here and along with Hoffman et al it just shows what the club is still up against and why the whole thing stinks...

SW is a wanker .no thanks 

11 hours ago, Candi_Hills said:

Not sure if this belongs in the 'daft bastards' thread but I'll leave it here for now.

Liam Kennedy on the big story he has.

"Maybe we shouldn't have teed it up"

"This is a significant significant (sic) story"

"It could be a good thing that they've gone from 'press the button on this now' to very quickly going 'hold it there'"

"I've been holding parts of the story back since December but new bits of information have came out recently."

Journalism is shite.

And that's me being positive.

15 hours ago, gdm said:

For balance Kennedy also said “is there gonna be a takeover before next season? It’s looking like a tough ask and we need to plan ahead (for next season) and Bruce will be going in to final year of his contract”

what ever his big story is he doesn’t sound too enthusiastic that it’ll be done soon 

(Sorry for chip pissing)

If the legal team cannot get it through this summer, bearing in mind how vulnerable & corrupt the PL currently look, then this will never go through. If it drags on into next season then its all bullshit and nothing more will happen other than possible compo to Ashley.

#wait, good news is coming in January, February, March, April, end of the week, end of May, end of the summer, maybe next season.

It’s all starting to look even more silly now. I applaud those who still have faith in this but how many times can the same people move the goalposts on when good news is going to appear?

6 hours ago, GWN said:

SW is a wanker .no thanks 

Indeed he is. Like him or not he's good at what he does...shameless self promotion, with the aim of getting people talking about him and whatever he happens to be involved with.

Kind of admire in a perverse kind of way how he's brought attention to the Sayers who are apparently massive gangstas....Would never have heard about them without him making a big deal of them.

On the other hand most of what he does makes him look like a tosser, but if it gets people talking about him and what he's doing then he wins

3 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

#wait, good news is coming in January, February, March, April, end of the week, end of May, end of the summer, maybe next season.

It’s all starting to look even more silly now. I applaud those who still have faith in this but how many times can the same people move the goalposts on when good news is going to appear?

Timescales come and go and come and go, and who cares?

They don't matter a jot.

All I know is that the club was sold well over a year ago to a group of very capable and very rich people who are mad keen to buy Newcastle United FC and develop us for the long term, and that they also want to invest in the equally long term future of our great City.

It happened, it won't change, and we will eventually fight our way past these parochial status quo lovers (not the band!) who are using their 'power' to hold us up at present, and then what happened over a year ago will be implemented.

Truly fantastic times ahead for all of us NUFC faithfull (and lovers of our great City) even for the strange 'doubters' amongst us. All we have to do is W A I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Timescales come and go and come and go, and who cares?

They don't matter a jot.

All I know is that the club was sold well over a year ago to a group of very capable and very rich people who are mad keen to buy Newcastle United FC and develop us for the long term, and that they also want to invest in the equally long term future of our great City.

It happened, it won't change, and we will eventually fight our way past these parochial status quo lovers (not the band!) who are using their 'power' to hold us up at present, and then what happened over a year ago will be implemented.

Truly fantastic times ahead for all of us NUFC faithfull (and lovers of our great City) even for the strange 'doubters' amongst us. All we have to do is W A I T !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, it wasn't. An agreement was made to purchase the club on the basis that the Owners' and Directors' Test was passed. Other than that, we don't know anything about how long that agreement is in place, if it is, and whether or not the landscape has changed so much that the agreement can even still exist. 

What you're "hoping" for is that nothing has changed; that the agreement can still be honoured if and when the Premier league give the green light. You have absolutely no proof of this, only faith. I commend your faith, I truly do, but the way you spin this as fact is getting a bit like when Bruce claims 8 or 9 teams are still in the mix for relegation.

How can something be sold if it has the same owners?

Baffled here. By that logic this house I'm living in has been sold even though I'm still here and not signed the deed over to someone

6 minutes ago, Menace said:

Baffled here. By that logic this house I'm living in has been sold even though I'm still here and not signed the deed over to someone

But one day someone else will buy it, have faith. It's sold.

35 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nope, it wasn't. An agreement was made to purchase the club on the basis that the Owners' and Directors' Test was passed. Other than that, we don't know anything about how long that agreement is in place, if it is, and whether or not the landscape has changed so much that the agreement can even still exist. 

What you're "hoping" for is that nothing has changed; that the agreement can still be honoured if and when the Premier league give the green light. You have absolutely no proof of this, only faith. I commend your faith, I truly do, but the way you spin this as fact is getting a bit like when Bruce claims 8 or 9 teams are still in the mix for relegation.

Thanks, but I'm not "hoping" for anything at all (to do with NUFC anyway!)

26 minutes ago, Menace said:

You exchange contracts at which point it's fair to say there is a commitment to the sale and the house is effectively sold. However you remain in the house until the final completion date.

1 hour ago, manorpark said:

Thanks, but I'm not "hoping" for anything at all (to do with NUFC anyway!)

Humour me then. Other than your "logic" what evidence is there that the club has already been sold? In case you need it:

"the exchange of a commodity for money"

"the transfer of ownership of and title to property from one person to another for a price"

"a transaction between two or more parties in which the buyer receives tangible or intangible goods, services, or assets in exchange for money"

Any of those happened?

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Humour me then. Other than your "logic" what evidence is there that the club has already been sold? In case you need it:

Any of those happened?

Well PCP do still have a £150m loan agreement in place with Mike Ashley. That was part of a legally binding agreement to complete the purchase of the club if the PL O&D test process was concluded successfully by a certain date, which then went on to expire. For all we know that agreement could have been renewed subject to, say, the outcome of the arbitration and PL status being secured.

14 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Any of those happened?

You have all the same evidence already that I and everyone else has, I cannot provide you with anything else.

So, you know everything that I do, but whether you choose to see it / accept it, is something I cannot influence.

I will though add that obviously logic does not have inverted commas around it!

20 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Well PCP do still have a £150m loan agreement in place with Mike Ashley. That was part of a legally binding agreement to complete the purchase of the club if the PL O&D test process was concluded successfully by a certain date, which then went on to expire. For all we know that agreement could have been renewed subject to, say, the outcome of the arbitration and PL status being secured.

Forgive me then, as you have more knowledge of this than me. Does all that equal " the club was sold well over a year ago" ?

20 minutes ago, manorpark said:

You have all the same evidence already that I and everyone else has, I cannot provide you with anything else.

So, you know everything that I do, but whether you choose to see it / accept it, is something I cannot influence.

I will though add that obviously logic does not have inverted commas around it!

It does when it's a quote.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Forgive me then, as you have more knowledge of this than me. Does all that equal " the club was sold well over a year ago" ?

No, it means an agreement to buy the club is in place.

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

The club was sold subject to the O&D test being successfully completed within a certain timescale, if that had happened the sale would have then completed.

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The club was sold subject to the O&D test being successfully completed within a certain timescale, if that had happened the sale would have then completed.

So no then. Fair enough.

I'll stop being negative and leave you to it.

16 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So no then. Fair enough.

I'll stop being negative and leave you to it.

Fair enough, but you asked for evidence that the agreement might still be in place, there is evidence in the form a a £150m loan between PCP and Ashley which is extant on Companies House.

Al-Rumayyan personally delivered documents to the PL in the autumn, after PIF had publicly withdrawn. Why would PIF bother doing that unless they were still intending to purchase the club?

It has been reported that Ashley has refused to even answer the phone other potential buyers since then. Why would he do that unless he has some sort of commitment from PIF?

I'm not saying that is the case, and I'm not in the blindly optimistic camp, but there are things that point towards the possibility that the agreement to buy the club might have been extended after the public withdrawal of PIF in July.

Edited by Jackie Broon