Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

1 minute ago, veriaqa said:

The take over won't go ahead even if NUFC stays up. Because there is no takeover. PIF said it months ago.

This is true, however Ashley has spent pound notes to clear a path for another attempt and this is a bloke that doesn't buy his own clothes.

If they can, they will.

15 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Yeah, but for what? For the takeover, nah. PIF have said that they pulled out from the deal. The deal is dead. There is an arbitration, but not for the takeover. Maybe Ashley wants compensation from FA for the rejected deal? Maybe, who knows. But definitely not for the takeover.

What’s the FA got to do with this?

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

This is true, however Ashley has spent pound notes to clear a path for another attempt and this is a bloke that doesn't buy his own clothes.

If they can, they will.

PIF will buy Manchester United, and NUFC will apoint Joe Kinnear as manager.

4 hours ago, Wullie said:

There is no takeover. It's finished. Sorry like.

Whatever the reality behind the announcement of their withdrawal in July, whether it was an actual formal withdrawal or just a tactic, PIF were back in for the club by August. They provided additional information and Lord Lister was brought in to help.

Boris Johnson was reportedly told by Lord Lister on 7th September that the Newcastle deal would hopefully be signed that week, but the PL again came back saying they weren’t satisfied. After which Ashley put out his statement and instructed De Marco.

So, after their press release in July PIF have been back trying to get the deal through, there's nothing to indicate that isn't still the case, quite the opposite. It might not end up with the takeover happening, but to say that it is finished is as daft as the stuff from the ultra positives.

Edited by Jackie Broon

1 minute ago, veriaqa said:

Sorry my bad. The EPL

Well, just if you are stating opinions as facts in a thread like this, then best to get the facts correct first. ;)

ps. My primary feeling on this is that it’s about Ashley getting compo, nothing else. I’ve said it for a while. Hope I’m wrong, but it’s that fucking hope which screws with you and keeps you tuned in.  

Edited by Dokko

23 minutes ago, gdm said:

Get a grip. ‘Find comfort’ this isn’t a fuckin therapy session 

It's you that needs to get a grip. The thread is inevitably going to be locked again and all because you can't let people be positive about something. I'm hardly positive myself that the takeover is going to happen but there's no need for me to keep coming in this thread to piss on other people's chips. 

I come here to hear people's opinion whether right or wrong. I can take it or leave it, which obviously you can't 

24 minutes ago, Robster said:

To get the thread back on some form of topic, what are the chances that Arbiration has been completed and we are just waiting for mathematical safety ?

I am of the thought that this is where we are at. It could also likely have been a mutual settlement without the need for arbitration. I would be shocked if we heard anything until we are mathematically safe. 

Regarding people's opinions that it hasnt started yet (Kennedy, Keith Pattinson, etc) they didnt have a clue whatsoever when we were appealing the chief arbitrator over Christmas. This tells me that it all happened without any leaks at all. Think the same could be happening right now 

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'm not sure why we would agree to go to arbitration, nominate the panel, and appeal the third panel member for a delay of several months, if we thought we could settle without it.

Yeh but do you have proof of this?

Where is this written down in black and white? 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

You can be positive and still have debate man, it isn't an echo chamber.

:lol: :lol: Except a lot of the time it's not even positive. It's blatant antagonism that tries to hide behind mealy-mouthed horseshit like "B-b-b-but a forum is for discussion, i get to post anywhere." when it's anything _but_ discussion.

Edited by thomas

7 minutes ago, thomas said:

:lol: :lol: Except a lot of the time it's not even positive. It's blatant antagonism that tries to hide behind mealy-mouthed horseshit like "B-b-b-but a forum is for discussion, i get to post anywhere." when it's anything _but_ discussion.

Which posts are you referring to?

There’s way too much time and effort being invested in this for there to be nothing happening. 

I would imagine that NDM isn’t cheap and there’s clearly someone spoon feeding snippets of information to this Keith fella. I’m not sure someone would take a year off work and invest so much time and effort just to get follows on Twitter. 

There’s clearly a lot of effort going in to trying to get the takeover done and dusted. Will it be successful? I hope so and I reckon the odds have possibly swung in our favour with the events of the last few weeks, but only time will tell. 

I’m optimistic there’ll be change of some sort in the summer. Whether that’s new owners or a change of tact from Ashley. The pandemic will have hit the club hard. Simple logic suggests they would at least try and get rid of the Corbridge cabbage in order to protect future revenue because as things stand I think they’re in for a shock if they think the fans will be back in droves to watch the shite served up by him. 

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Which posts are you referring to?

The ones where someone wandered into a self-quarantined  thread of crazies to deliberately rain on their parade and then acted butthurt when the crazies told them to stop being a wet blanket.

Edited by thomas

6 minutes ago, thomas said:

The ones where someone wandered into a self-quarantined  thread of crazies to deliberately rain on their parade and then acted butthurt when the crazies told them to stop being a wet blanket.

Perhaps there should be a https://beta.positive.newcastle-online.org forum setup? People can chat about signing Foden and having Tuchel as manager. Why are we limiting this only to the takeover? That's what I want (no, demand) to know.

The only way PIF allowed to buy NUFC (if they still have interest in NUFC) is when NUFC are in the Championship (not champions league).

That way the PL will not have any say in the takeover. So, if you want the club to be sold to the Arabs pray for NUFC to be relegated

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Perhaps there should be a https://beta.positive.newcastle-online.org forum setup? People can chat about signing Foden and having Tuchel as manager. Why are we limiting this only to the takeover? That's what I want (no, demand) to know.

Just stick to realism, discuss thing sensibly and honestly and the forum would become a far more productive place.

The alternative planets that some of the "glass 99% empty" types on here live on is depressing at times, though it is also very amusing!

7 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

If you want to make a 1-for-1 comparison between that hypothetical and this thread, let's first acknowledge that this thread was created, ON PURPOSE, because the positive/hopeful/crazy stories and takes were becoming something of a hassle in the normal takeover thread. 

So if a similar situation exists where fantastical transfer/managerial suggestions are made in the normal threads, I'm sure the forum would welcome such a change. The Twitter Bollocks thread still exists though and I think that would be the first port of call before a new thread.

IMO this thread has done a fantastic job with keeping its crazy well within the lines. It doesn't spill out to other threads anymore and the thread causes no grief except when provoked; and even then it somehow winds up being this thread which has to justify itself instead of looking the other way around. That's ass-backwards by my view.

Edited by thomas

56 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Usually an arbitration take 45 days to settle, it has been 2 months now, do the math

Yes that's correct however they spent ages trying to get Beloff removed as the chair and now he is under huge scrutiny as even the high court judge said he hadnt handled it very well by not disclosing his previous Bird and Bird work...

I still dont think it will get as far as full arbitration and something will happen previous to it but also safety is the KEY 1st step in the process.