Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Actually both things could happen - reconsideration and damages to Ashley.

I’m not sure exactly what powers this tribunal has. 

Mind, not keen on the date. Doesn't leave long before the start of the season. Could see the PL do everything they can to delay it as well pushing it in to next season. At that point if i were Ashley i'd be spending £100m on players and charging the PL for them to protect his asset whilst this goes on.

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Sounds to me like a premptive damages case if they win the arbitration case

Yeah, had thought that as well, getting it set up. 

But again, you'd think the best outcome would just be for the PL to accept arbitration and reconsider anyway. 

Guess it acts as a threat hanging over them in case they don't.

Would be nice to know more about where arbitration is at. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, had thought that as well, getting it set up. 

But again, you'd think the best outcome would just be for the PL to accept arbitration and reconsider anyway. 

Guess it acts as a threat hanging over them in case they don't.

Would be nice to know more about where arbitration is at. 

With everything going on now, the PL could save a lot of hassle and let the takeover happen with a pat on the back for themselves for their robust O and D test.

Just now, Ben said:

With everything going on now, the PL could save a lot of hassle and let the takeover happen with a pat on the back for themselves for their robust O and D test.

After all the shit with the ESL they now have to go through this, twice, and it won't be the last of it if the club loses, they'll appeal and keep finding new avenues of attack and damage seeking.

Putting more pressure on the PL to scrap arbitration, avoid a hefty lawsuit and potential damages.

I've said it before, the PL will ask for some token from the consortium, in order to save face.

It will be something that suggests that they have done their due diligence re the saudis but ultimately let's the takeover go ahead.

31 minutes ago, Dokko said:

So this is change the decision and put it through of you will need to cough up daft money. If so I would love to know the figures. Hopefully tens of millions, possibly even a metro station or two.

Some of the repercussions of breaking U.K. competition law -

Your business could be fined up to 10% of global turnover.

Directors can be banned from running a company for 15 years.

Individuals can go to prison for 5 years.

In short Masters, Hoffman, Spurs and Liverpool might be a tad concerned.

Edited by Whitley mag

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So Ashley's making out that if there wasn't really a takeover in the first place we'd be competing much better in the league? :memelol: Yes Mike, it's because of the takeover. Yes.

That's how I'm interpreting it. It's been suggested on here before that Ashley might take this route and other posters have laughed the idea off for the same reason you're laughing at it now. Here we are though...

5 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Some of the repercussions of breaking U.K. competition law -

Your business could be fined up to 10% of global turnover.

Directors can be banned from running a company for 15 years.

Individuals can go to prison for 5 years.

In short Masters, Hoffman, Spurs and Liverpool might be a tad concerned.

Sun will be running article to get the whole of Liverpool in prison.

Hoffman is in charge of a few clubs apparently, including Monzo.

MA obviously got a cheek but maybe the case has put off a lot of potential suitors over the last few years. How long ago was it AS showed an interest?

This guarantees it’s all played out in public and can be fast tracked, the exact things the PL didn’t want. The arbitration would have been limited to separation, this allows all the evidence of corruption from big 6 and Bein to be brought into play.

Always remember NDM said arbitration was a last resort. That settlement might still be on lads.

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

:lol: You live out here in Denver now? 

No lie, I'm trying to form a tiny consortium here in Atlanta to buy some depressed properties near-ish to GSU and Georgia Tech to turn into dispensaries when (not if - it'll definitely happen) it gets legalized. Just perfect placement near the campuses.

If Ben Jacobs had just posted  his last tweet he would have been correct. This is about pressure and disclosure of information, particularly in the light of ESL revelations.  It’s about trying to force a settlement in the current climate.

By the way, I know the I love Luke Edwards brigade don't enjoy De Marco's tweets but that one he put out today is looking a bit prettier. An open pathway! #monochrome

Edited by Candi_Hills