Jump to content

Positive Optimism-Saudi Takeover Edition


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Some of the same ‘positive’ people were saying it was good news PIF pulled out formally. It’s all a bluff, they said...

Mike Ashley could sign an indefinite contract for NUFC to remain in his grubby hands until football ends and we’d have people telling us it’s part of Keith’s strategy :lol:

A bit like when losing in their attempt to get beloff removed from the arbitration panel was good news and a deliberate strategy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gdm said:

The most sense spoken in this thread. I’m loving the positive noises recently but some people will literally believe anything if it backs up their positivity bias 

So just let them, man :lol:

How's it hurting you if some people just want to be blindly optimistic ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Positive v negative as some sort of battle is absolutely ridiculous, and makes everyone on both sides look stupid.

Just debate the stuff like normal people FFS. 

It will always come down to this as long as we have two threads for the same topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can I just get out in front of any more Conspiracy Theorist/QAnon comparisons with regards to our "delusional" beliefs?

I think it's a disingenuous and ugly comparison. No positive believer here is asking for, nor would instigate through violence, political change or intimidation of negativists. There is no real world side-effect to being heads-in-sand about this stuff. There is no offsite where disinformation and hate is spread. QAnon and the like are actually dangerous because of what they say AND do.

And at the end of the day most if not all of us admit the belief is at best tenuous. People roleplaying in this fantasy shouldn't feel threatening to anyone.

 

 

Edited by thomas

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Here they all come. Think we have the full committee now [emoji38]. Quick everyone, stop being positive until they get bored again.

I’m all for the positivity. What Qatar mag was saying has got me going a bit. 
 

my only point is there is nothing wrong with realism. Things change constantly. That’s ok 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m all for the positivity. What Qatar mag was saying has got me going a bit. 
 

my only point is there is nothing wrong with realism. Things change constantly. That’s ok 

That's correct, there's another thread for that. But you knew that anyway...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Positive v negative as some sort of battle is absolutely ridiculous, and makes everyone on both sides look stupid.

Just debate the stuff like normal people FFS. 

100% it’s absolute bollocks :lol:

I literally said I was feeling positive lately and I still got lumped in with ‘being negative’ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m all for the positivity. What Qatar mag was saying has got me going a bit. 
 

my only point is there is nothing wrong with realism. Things change constantly. That’s ok 

You are right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with realism, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of day dreaming too. It’s all just a little bit of fun, but for some bizarre reason, that doesn’t sit right with certain people, then they feel the need to keep coming in to tell people. There is absolutely no harm in here at all, it’s all just daft day dreaming and hoping for better things. 

 

 

Edited by reefatoon

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny seeing people who have been screaming for months that it is dead in the water and nothing is happening quietly change their argument after the last few days. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheHoob said:

Funny seeing people who have been screaming for months that it is dead in the water and nothing is happening quietly change their argument after the last few days. 

 

I’m not one of them but why can’t people understand people are allowed to change their opinion with the info they are given :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

You are right, there is absolutely nothing wrong with realism, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of day dreaming too. It’s all just a little bit of fun, but for some bizarre reason, that doesn’t sit right with certain people, then they feel the need to keep coming in to tell people. There is absolutely no harm in here at all, it’s all just daft day dreaming and hoping for better things. 

I wouldn’t disagree tbh. I’m all for a day dream 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should change the thread title to “the day dreaming takeover thread” remove the “positivity” word which seems to be getting some people riled up a little. Folks can then understand the thread by it’s title, know what they are coming in to read and understand it’s nothing more than a little hope and wishful thinking, and a light hearted chat away from the other thread. Hopefully then it will also stop these daft sniping arguments about two fabricated “positive” and “negative” sides which like @AyeDubbleYoo said is getting fucking stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gdm said:

I’m not one of them but why can’t people understand people are allowed to change their opinion with the info they are given :lol:

Aye it wasn't aimed at you [emoji38] I'm not saying they aren't, was more just a comment of the smugness of certain posters and the glee they seem to take in rubbishing every little bit of potential good news even though they've been shown to be full of shit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Positive v negative as some sort of battle is absolutely ridiculous, and makes everyone on both sides look stupid.

Just debate the stuff like normal people FFS. 

Yeah. But do it in the other thread. :pow:

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It will always come down to this as long as we have two threads for the same topic.

It’s not the same fucking topic…this one is for loonies like me, who only want to wallow in pure blind optimistic shite….if you want to debate the takeover go into the takeover thread….I started it 14 months ago, just so you can spend time arguing the many thrilling idiosyncrasy’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pity all these "I'm a realist" posters stroking one out to thoughts of Doris from the Asda checkout, whilst my imagination is filled with double blowies from Scarlett and Mila :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's essentially just dividing realism vs optimism, really. Such as the transfer thread vs twitter bullshit thread - this so the one thread doesn't get filled with stuff people don't want to read. It's not hard to understand. Outlandishly positive things go in here and people who wish to discuss those things have free reign. More realistic/toned-down stuff go in the main thread. A tweet daying Bruce is close to signing Haaland doesn't go in the realistic transfers thread, to put it like that, but there's room for that tweet somewhere on the forum - and that's what has always made this forum great.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Hhtoon said:

Pity all these "I'm a realist" posters stroking one out to thoughts of Doris from the Asda checkout, whilst my imagination is filled with double blowies from Scarlett and Mila :cool:

0878-ECE1-F585-4-AB5-BB12-B492-A21-F31-E

6-BE591-EA-E2-CF-42-BD-9257-1097-D619-B6

 

 

Edited by Darth Crooks
#teamdoris

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

It's essentially just dividing realism vs optimism, really. Such as the transfer thread vs twitter bullshit thread - this so the one thread doesn't get filled with stuff people don't want to read. It's not hard to understand. Outlandishly positive things go in here and people who wish to discuss those things have free reign. More realistic/toned-down stuff go in the main thread. A tweet daying Bruce is close to signing Haaland doesn't go in the realistic transfers thread, to put it like that, but there's room for that tweet somewhere on the forum - and that's what has always made this forum great.

The issue some have though... is if we had 5-10 posters relentlessly posting that they’ve purchased Haaland shirts and how we’re going to win the league based on those unrealistic rumours,  we’d look like right twats.

That’s the equivalent of this thread and what is posted in here. Everything people criticise RTG for, is in here :lol: 

Although I do get it and will try to keep my thoughts in the right thread from now on.

 

 

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a matter of realism vs. optimism, it's all speculation. Negative speculation isn't any more inherently realistic.

"The takeover if dead, just accept it" vs. "there are these indications that the takeover is still alive" is not realism vs. optimism, it's pessimism vs. optimism.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the Tyson - Joshua fight will be the 14th of August in Saudi Arabia, the same day the 2021/22 premier league starts, what a day for sports washing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The issue some have though... is if we had 5-10 posters relentlessly posting that they’ve purchased Haaland shirts and how we’re going to win the league based on those unrealistic rumours,  we’d look like right twats.

That’s the equivalent of this thread and what is posted in here. Everything people criticise RTG for, is in here :lol: 

Although I do get it and will try to keep my thoughts in the right thread from now on.

They do it in their dedicated thread, they don't do it in every thread or start 10 new threads for it - that would be RTG levels. However, the people who are annoyed at the positive posters are reaching RTG levels in their responses. Just don't use the optimism thread. The thread states in its opening post what the subject will be, and the thread title states it. Respect that and don't break forum rules by making non-contributive posts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ben said:

It looks like the Tyson - Joshua fight will be the 14th of August in Saudi Arabia, the same day the 2021/22 premier league starts, what a day for sports washing.

Yes, don’t see the sports journo’s making a fuss about this though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...