Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Guest reefatoon

That’s the spirit fanny. Doesn’t it feel good to have a bit of positivity flowing. I like this new you.

Very good breakdown last night of how Bein letter for example will be used in court. The fact he was initially unable to establish whether clubs had actually received it, then he found out one club outside of big 6 had never received it. How a fan then gets evidence to show the big 6 and PL did receive it is impressive. The fact it is well known in football circles and journalists that Liverpool and Tottenham did then lobby PL, well it starts to become very clear how collective lobbying and collusion to stop a competitor entering the market has taken place.

The only doubt Keith has on arbitration is Beloff, other than that he has complete faith in Shaheed Fatima proving separation. 

It might delay us longer but I have a feeling if judge gives go ahead to CAT case, then they delay arbitration for disclosure in that case to see if PL fold.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Very good breakdown last night of how Bein letter for example will be used in court. The fact he was initially unable to establish whether clubs had actually received it, then he found out one club outside of big 6 had never received it. How a fan then gets evidence to show the big 6 and PL did receive it is impressive. The fact it is well known in football circles and journalists that Liverpool and Tottenham did then lobby PL, well it starts to become very clear how collective lobbying and collusion to stop a competitor entering the market has taken place.

The only doubt Keith has on arbitration is Beloff, other than that he has complete faith in Shaheed Fatima proving separation. 

It might delay us longer but I have a feeling if judge gives go ahead to CAT case, then they delay arbitration for disclosure in that case to see if PL fold.

Yes, Keith led an excellent factual discussion last night about how far advanced the Takeover process is.

Like Keith, I feel that good news (great news) about our Staveley/Reubens/PIF Takeover is now completely inevitable, and all that WE have to do is . . . 

2 hours ago, Ben said:

Why haven't the Premier league just give up and let this through ? It can't be pride, these guys put money well before pride.

It was again discussed how Bird & Bird have a reputation of trying to obstruct actions with legal technicalities and very rarely end up in court. However, it was also mentioned that they also settle a lot out of court. They’re current tactics are certainly following this pattern. 

Let’s hope disclosure is the point they do give up and look to settle.

21 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Yes, Keith led an excellent factual discussion last night about how far advanced the Takeover process is.

Like Keith, I feel that good news (great news) about our Staveley/Reubens/PIF Takeover is now completely inevitable, and all that WE have to do is . . . 

It was excellent and he showed plenty of emotion aswell. The bloke cares no doubt about it. To suffer threats if he went to the city on Wednesday night, ridicule, financial costs and a relationship break up because of this is a massive sacrifice for anyone to make. 

We all deserve a happy ending to this, but i’ll certainly tip my hat to him for his contribution and dogged determination to make this happen when it’s all over.

The epl will never simply give up due to being too corrupt and too deep in the pocket of their masters. 

Thought I'd put my opinion out there as unerring fact like some others, feels good. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

The epl will never simply give up due to being too corrupt and too deep in the pocket of their masters. 

Thought I'd put my opinion out there as unerring fact like some others, feels good. 

I think Jackie Broon makes a very good point in relation to the insurers on this. If disclosure is damning it may be out of their hands.

19 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

You have to wonder how interested they even are in buying the club. They can clearly afford to go it alone without PIF and AS. You're probably right about linking up with the Saudis meaning more to them. Dropping 10% to be part of the consortium is like pocket money to them.

I've thought this from the start.  The Reubens will be he developers the Saudis use to develop the run down areas of the city.