Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

If PIF eventually get their target, the club would be expected to fund itself. There are no plans to inject huge amounts of cash to fund a splurge in the transfer market.

Booooo - I want a Fantasy Football style splurge :huff:

2 minutes ago, duo said:

I'd just be happy with a club that invests in its infrastructure, maximises its revenue streams and used it's own money to improve yearly. No reason we can't emulate Leicester with the right minds making the decisions. I would much prefer that over the soulless, plastic Man City model.

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, duo said:

Not happening, it’s in their DNA to be the best/successful, at all costs. Even murder...

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

I'd just be happy with a club that invests in its infrastructure, maximises its revenue streams and used it's own money to improve yearly. No reason we can't emulate Leicester with the right minds making the decisions. I would much prefer that over the soulless, plastic Man City model.

That’s why I don’t really want them, if we could get someone who could develop that, I’d be more that satisfied with anyone who could deliver just that. Hell, even Shley himself if he had a complete and utter reversal I’d accept. 

The problem is its going to take someone to pay over the odds to shift Ashley and they are the only way its going to happen.

Used to get annoyed when people said of Staveley takeover1 that that group didn't have "Man City money" or Anderson on the radio saying can never compete with Man City.  Like its better to stick with Ashley than have a club doing what pretty much every other club does and tries.

Was no reason we couldn't have done what Spurs have done and be where they are, we did pre Ashley.

28 minutes ago, duo said:

It’s ok, they’re just saying that so the Big 6 and Masters/ Hoffman don’t get scared. Shhhhh...

26 minutes ago, duo said:

With all the negative headlines and for it playing out so long, I honestly don’t think they would be doing this just to be a club living within their means albeit with increased revenue. That’s not within the Saudi mentality. Just my opinion.

Its shit or bust . No way Saudis gonna be happy with us as a moderately successful club ( ie an Everton or Wolves etc ) and the fans shouldnt accept such modest horizons either . Pointless having the richest owners without  going full throttle for being the greatest club in existence . Always been our problem our thinking has always ( minus Keegan era ) been smalltime - fuck that shit right in the eye 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Its shit or bust . No way Saudis gonna be happy with us as a moderately successful club ( ie an Everton or Wolves etc ) and the fans shouldnt accept such modest horizons either . Pointless having the richest owners without  going full throttle for being the greatest club in existence . Always been our problem our thinking has always ( minus Keegan era ) been smalltime - fuck that shit right in the eye 

I’d rather top myself!

in what world does it make the accurate business sense to tell the football community (who don't want you to be part of it) that you're going to spend as much as cash as humanly possible to be the best club possible? 

This whole sustainable model comment is nonsense, not that it matters, because Leicester are the bare minimum of how our club should be run - so if it's that or Man City, I'm good. 

At this point I just want it over either way. I literally have zero excitement about the takeover right now. 

I have 100% confidence if it isn't PIF the club will be sold within the year to someone else. Ashley wants out and there will be people in the wings. We just need a definitive yes or no on this one. Really hope we get it, preferably before July.

6 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Ahhh so more clickbait bullshit by Keith. Imagine aligning yourself with Steve Wraith. :anguish:

You had him down as setting up his own merchandise range the other week. Don’t let the truth get in the way though.

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

You had him down as setting up his own merchandise range the other week. Don’t let the truth get in the way though.

Some people just seem to have a massive vendetta against people who just want to do right for the club, I know Steve wraith personally and he’s a truly nice guy 

27 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Some people just seem to have a massive vendetta against people who just want to do right for the club, I know Steve wraith personally and he’s a truly nice guy 

12 minutes ago, Slim said:

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Still can’t believe he did that :lol:

Absolute dickhead. 

You can be friends/associates with someone, it doesn’t mean you have the same views as that person 

He's promoting Tommy Robinson man, have a word.

If I had a media presence and was friends with a massive racist, I would not use that media presence to highlight that massive racist.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

24 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

You can be friends/associates with someone, it doesn’t mean you have the same views as that person 

Give your head a wobble you silly bugger.

The problem with Stone Cold Steve Daftcunt isn’t that he has the same views of Tommy Robinson. He probably doesn’t. It’s that he’s such a shameless self publicist he think it’s fine to platform the dickhead.

Edited by christ