Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

I hate to put it up....but

Project Dragon  :lol:

I don't want Bale, he has proven he is a mercenary.  I would rather sign younger talent with a view to building a side to compete 3 years down the line.

I know what you mean but im not going to turn my nose up at talent like Bale (if this is true), especially after some of the crap Ashley has picked up and put on the pitch.

I don't want Bale, he has proven he is a mercenary.  I would rather sign younger talent with a view to building a side to compete 3 years down the line.

I know what you mean but im not going to turn my nose up at talent like Bale (if this is true), especially after some of the crap Ashley has picked up and put on the pitch.

Bale costs more than our club.. we don't have the revenue to sign such expensive players (yet).

Another fakeover

As you keep saying. To what gain?

"ooh look, I was right all along, fuck you idiots"

No. This seems too real and good to be true. So this time, i refuse to accept it completely until the takeover is done. Im not too serious here, just refuse to get excited (this time) for my own good :aww:

Not really into this whole marquee signing nonsense. Doesn't do anything for me when I know we could spend that money on 2-3 younger players who could go on to being a spine in the team for a long time.

Man City signed Kompany and Zabaleta for a combined €15m the same season the spunked over $60m on Robinho and fucking Jô. I know which duo I'd prefer.

Another fakeover

No. This seems too real and good to be true. So this time, i refuse to accept it completely until the takeover is done. Im not too serious here, just refuse to get excited (this time) for my own good :aww:

Another fakeover

Another fakeover

Wrong thread Mr Soyt....only positive thoughts allowed in this thread🤪

If we can get him at a massive knockdown price because of his age and the fact that Real Madrid don't want him, fair enough. He's a perma-crock though so if he's going to cost us a chunk, leave him where he is.

I'd rather we raided Wolves for Ruben Neves and Adama Traore.

Not sure about Bale. I think he’s checked out and prefers to play golf now.

If we really are going to be spending big then I think there are better options.

If we really are going to be spending big then I think there are better options.

:thup: If we've got the spending power to go out and get Bale, I'd rather we didn't. I can't shake the fear that it'd be a pricier Owen.

Bale can’t even get it up for Real Madrid, he certainly won’t for us. The kind of player we need to stay clear of and in all honesty wouldn’t even take him on a free due to his obscene wages.

Also think the £19m figure for poch is disgusting as well. Hopefully both just daft rumours

Where’s this £19m thing from? Heard Brazil and that ex-Spurs doylum O’Hara bleating on about this this morning and how Brucey was deserving of staying on.

I’d like to know who’s advising them on the football/ transfer side of things. Pretty sure Stavely or the Reuben brothers aren’t football experts themselves.

Guest chopey

I’d like to know who’s advising them on the football/ transfer side of things. Pretty sure Stavely or the Reuben brothers aren’t football experts themselves.

If it was me I'd be telling them to stay away from 30 something great players looking for a final payday, I cant see Rafa or Poch wanting Bale either.

Imagine they'll get a sporting director.

I think he means right now. There is no evidence that they have made any moves for players and managers etc. Its all speculation.

There’s definitely a bit of the Ronaldinho syndrome with Bale - Bloke has won a heck of a lot, some players just lose the hunger after such a period of sustained success in their careers

Plus he’s very injury prone