Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Damn, I have lost cash plane over Switzerland.

Landed at Stansted about 10 mins ago, busy unloading the duffel bags as we speak!

Damn, I have lost cash plane over Switzerland.

Cliffhanger hasn't been on ITV for ages, come to think of it.

Watched that not long ago on BBC America of all channels, that opening sequence was a bit dramatic when I was a youngin!

Relaying the pitch?

How long does it take for a pitch to set?......or do they know there won’t be any home games in the next month.

The pitch lights are all locked away under The Leazes. The pitch can’t survive without them due to the lack of natural light. They’ve clearly ripped up the pitch as they know it won’t be played on again for the foreseeable.

The pitch survived for years before they got the pitch lights.

They will just be doing it to maximise the time they can have for the pitch to bed in. There clearly isn’t going to be any games at SJP anytime soon.

Even if the game in played behind closed doors and as a home game and not a neutral venue, it could quite possibly be played at the training ground.

Pre 2000 they ere fine. Not since they built up the Milburn and Leazes though.

Relaying the pitch?

How long does it take for a pitch to set?......or do they know there won’t be any home games in the next month.

The pitch lights are all locked away under The Leazes. The pitch can’t survive without them due to the lack of natural light. They’ve clearly ripped up the pitch as they know it won’t be played on again for the foreseeable.

They will just be doing it to maximise the time they can have for the pitch to bed in. There clearly isn’t going to be any games at SJP anytime soon.

Even if the game in played behind closed doors and as a home game and not a neutral venue, it could quite possibly be played at the training ground.

Naa, we had one of the worst pitches in the league in Keegan's first stint as manager; he'd often complain about it hampering our passing style.

Wasn't till we got the pitch lights that it improved.

Relaying the pitch?

Naa, we had one of the worst pitches in the league in Keegan's first stint as manager; he'd often complain about it hampering our passing style.

Wasn't till we got the pitch lights that it improved.

I meant that the pitch could get natural light before 2000. Since 2000, we had the new stands which reduced natural light for half of the pitch, hence the need for the pitch lights. And the fact they’re locked away, clealrh means no football will be played on them, as parts of the pitch die without the pitch lights.

I get your point about the KK days though. The pitch never looked great. As a side note I can never believe how bad Anfield’s pitch looked in the 1996 4-3 defeat

Apparently some Saudi's are currently at Byker Morries changing up a big jar of coins at the Coinstar machine.

Another group are Santander on Northumberland Street with two further jars. Delay there though as Doris, 87, who still withdraws money using a book, is chatting and holding up the queue.

Estate agent who has the keys is also held up at the office temporarily.

Any fun theories surrounding this plane doing the rounds this morning?

Took off from London Biggin hill airport, stopped at Norwich, stopped off in Newcastle, made it's way back down and stopped at Doncaster now looks on it's way back to Biggin Hill.

Took off from London Biggin hill airport, stopped at Norwich, stopped off in Newcastle, made it's way back down and stopped at Doncaster now looks on it's way back to Biggin Hill.

That’s the mystery tour fuckin ruined

Saudis are purchasing Norwich instead. The plane brought Delia up to Newcastle, as she's going to buy Newcastle from Ashley. I heard LET'S BE HAVING YOU! clear as day as the plane flew over Heaton.

Either that or it's unrelated to the takeover.

I live 5 mins away from Norwich Airport and my garden is under the flight path for take off and landing. I actually heard a plane a while ago which is the first time I've heard anything for weeks, usually just choppers on the way to the rig.

Too cloudy to see what kind of plane it was though ?