Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

59 minutes ago, Menace said:

I respect Caulkin for keeping quiet ever since the first mess, the rest of them are an absolute joke.

He was one of the main culprits in the first place for getting the fans into a frenzy. I know some like him on here as a journalist, not me. Only journalist I really have any time for is Winter as he leaves them all miles behind.

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, Menace said:

I respect Caulkin for keeping quiet ever since the first mess, the rest of them are an absolute joke.

I think Caulkin probably knows he got played a bit during the first episode.

This time around if there's something genuinely positive he'll write about it, but the fact is, despite what the twitter celebrities want you to think, there's been absolutely no positives for weeks on end. 

8 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

If NUFC relegate in upcoming season, what kind of effect that cause on takeover? PL can block takeover even we are in the championship?

Nope goes to the EFL then, however I just can't see PIF being interested one bit in this event, even if the legal cases have concluded by then. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 hour ago, et tu brute said:

He was one of the main culprits in the first place for getting the fans into a frenzy. I know some like him on here as a journalist, not me. Only journalist I really have any time for is Winter as he leaves them all miles behind.

Your right about winter but Caulkin wants nothing but good for the club, Craig Hope and Liam Kennedy are supporters and take it personally, Ryder needs to fill column inches, the rest are not worth bothering with.

13 hours ago, Ben said:

Your right about winter but Caulkin wants nothing but good for the club, Craig Hope and Liam Kennedy are supporters and take it personally, Ryder needs to fill column inches, the rest are not worth bothering with.

Not saying he doesn't. I thought last year for an experienced reporter, he didn't do his job properly in terms of checking out the information he was being told The #cans was an absolute joke, though to be fair he has certainly learned, as he's been virtually silent since. His podcast (if he still does it) with baby Ryder and that total knob who hosts it is laughable. He was a far better reporter when he was with the Times imho. As I said, each to their own though as I know a few on here like him as a reporter.

Edited by et tu brute

Caulkin gets such an unfair pasting for his takeover talk last year. 

People seem to forget it's on record that even the government were under the impression a decision was imminent, so not sure why Caulkin's held to a different standard to them.

Seems obvious to me the information coming from the PL has been consistently deceptive. Not Caulkin's fault, that. 

38 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not saying he doesn't. I thought last year for an experienced reporter, he didn't do his job properly in terms of checking out the the information he was being told The #cans was an absolute joke, though to be fair he has certainly learned, as he's been virtually silent since. His podcast (if he still does it) with baby Ryder and that total knob who hosts it is laughable. He was a far better reporter when he was with the Times imho. As I said, each to their own though as I know a few on here like him as a reporter.

Great post this.

I was a huge fan of his work at the Times but this move to work with litte Ryder and that puller who hosts their podcast looks worse by the day. He was better off being a good writer in the background. Him increasing his profile hasn't helped him in terms of credibility imho.

Winter's the best around when it comes to writing about us nowadays imo.

See the away kit is black and gold. Black+Gold, Black Gold I.e Oil. If that isn't a sign that the takeover is happening I don't know what is. #positiveoptimism

3 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Close the thread it isn’t happening we are doomed I tell you dooommmmmeeeeeeeedddddddddd

Kind of you to express your opinion in a Positive Optimism thread…even if there not much of it floating about at the moment😀

34 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Kind of you to express your opinion in a Positive Optimism thread…even if there not much of it floating about at the moment😀

To be fair I have been positive throughout just not now. :sad:

13 minutes ago, STM said:

Bruce getting a new deal is a clear sign that the takeover is happening. #positiveoptimism 

Crikey….just read that….it’s only the Daily Star mind you, but if it’s correct then that’s my positivism dropped a few knots😡

Shut this

Can’t wait for Keith aka Whitley Mag to spin this one in the thread 🧵

Ashley is not a willing seller , for 4 years he’s used “a fakeover” to pull the wool over our eyes and we’ve fell for it . Simon Jordan is correct, we are gullible.

21 minutes ago, STM said:

Bruce getting a new deal is a clear sign that the takeover is happening. #positiveoptimism 

Just W A I T it’s what PIF ‘ want ‘ 

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Don't think it makes an ounce of difference myself, the two aren't connected imo. Not posting that in any kind of optimistic light mind, i think we're fecked whatever.

He's already under contract. Ashley's hoping the club will be sold before his contract runs out. Not a club in the world would want to poach him. 

What's the reason for the new contract if the takeover could be done by this time next year?

Already seen suggestions on Twitter that he's being given a new contract by Ashley as to engineer a big payoff for him when PIF take over :lol: The delusion and gullibility is unreal. 

Edited by buzz
typo

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

He's already under contract. Ashley's hoping the club will be sold before his contract runs out. Not a club in the world would want to poach him. 

What's the reason for the new contract if the takeover could be done by this time next year?

Nobody knows if the takeover will be done by this time next year do they ? Personally i don't think it'll happen at all, but why the court cases if it's truly over ?

For me once the court cases are done, then yep the takeover has ended. Right now i suppose there's still a slither of hope, as small as that is.

Edited by Bimpy474