Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

This latest bit of 'fake news' has certainly caused a lot of concern and upset on this forum.

The inevitable approval of the takeover is not far away now, and the more "rubbish" that is invented and quoted as fact by reporters, the more certain I remain of approval happening . . and SOON.

From the main thread

Manorpark

Thankyou !!!

C A L M . . . everyone.

Guest chopey

Million dollar Idea ...........................Canmpagne....................................for when blue collars need to celebrate 

Can you buy cans of champagne

Absolutely. Although it won’t be called champagne.

I'd like nothing better than a Jack Daniels or a good Malt but doctors orders forbid it so Champagne it will be, never liked beer out of a can. Could murder a pint of scotch

Mac means "son of" in Irish as well

Thought it meant 'of the clan'

It's actually Mc in Ireland, Mac in scotland I think

Sorry haven't looked in this thread in weeks and this is completely irrelevant to what's going on now but just to be clear, Mac is Irish for "son of" but Mac in an Irish name doesn't always translate to a Mc name in English. For example, the name Fitzgerald in Irish is "Mac Gearailt" which directly translates to "son of Gerald"

Guest reefatoon

It definitely felt like something that was hanging over us of late.  Back on the positive band wagon now!

Few more in here now, I can see this quickly becoming the place to be.

Looking good lads. Think things have turned for the better today. :thup:

Yeah apart from journos trying to put their own spin on it, I don’t think we could have hoped for anymore from today.

Yep I’ve gone up a few notches since yesterday..not quite there yet...think the PL will wait till early next week to give the nod then it’ll be a few further days for exchange of money...Friday 26TH June 3pm :lol:

Can you buy cans of champagne

Definitely. Here's a company selling it.

http://www.andre-champagne.com/

(Although technically I think it might be sparkling wine, despite the URL)

You can't call is champagne unless it's made in the champagne region and it follows the correct process of which part is the bottling process and turning the bottles etc.

Guest reefatoon

What's made people more positive? I'm confused.

Just coming in here. Grab a can of champagne and enjoy.

Guest chopey

TBF Newcastle United have always been like a fox in a hen house where the EPL is concerned anyway, nee fucka likes us.

TBF Newcastle United have always been like a fox in a hen house where the EPL is concerned anyway, nee fucka likes us.

Except when we were everybody’s ”second favourite team”.

Except when we were everybody’s ”second favourite team”.

Others hate you when you’re a threat, bollox to them.