Positive Optimism - Saudi Takeover Edition

Jinky Jim

Think you are are going to have a very good Valentines day! Get the chocolates and champagne in ready!

I’m setting up a Bedouin camp fire on Whitley Beach and might get some Middle Eastern cuisine from Turknaz, what more could the Mrs want.

Think you are are going to have a very good Valentines day! Get the chocolates and champagne in ready!

I actually had a text a few days ago from a lad who I haven't heard from for a while saying "remember February 14th". I've since had another saying that Bruce has been told he has only a few games left as takeover is on the verge of going through. Probably bullshit but here's hoping.

I actually had a text a few days ago from a lad who I haven't heard from for a while saying "remember February 14th". I've since had another saying that Bruce has been told he has only a few games left as takeover is on the verge of going through. Probably bullshit but here's hoping.

Assuming you’re not on the windup.......what connections does your mate have that he might come across any news...just asking

Assuming you’re not on the windup.......what connections does your mate have that he might come across any news...just asking

Deffo not a wind-up bud, I detest that shit. He has no connections, just another big NUFC fan. But he never sends me any kinds of texts like this which got me interested. Like I say, probably just him catching onto the massive rumour mill going round at the moment, but who knows eh?

There is deffo something in the air regarding Bruce though, I think. I dont think he will get till April like previous sacked managers.

I actually had a text a few days ago from a lad who I haven't heard from for a while saying "remember February 14th".

Might just be wanting flowers and a card.

I actually had a text a few days ago from a lad who I haven't heard from for a while saying "remember February 14th".

Might just be wanting flowers and a card.

Thats pretty much exactly what my immediate reply to him was.  :)

I originally said the deal was not off, when the majority said it was. Who was correct there ?

You weren’t. PIF said they’d withdrawn the offer to buy the club. So formally the deal is off. Until it’s on again. Nobody has any solid evidence it’s back on.

Semantics they’re waiting in the wings to proceed and you f***ing know it.

Semantics?  It’s the current position man. Prove it isn’t. Nearly everyone wants this to happen but nobody knows if it will. All this talk of “not long now” is horse s***. Not one person who has commented so far knows.

How is the deal dead when George Caulkin confirmed in the Athletic that the money was in the country ready to be transferred for the rebooted attempt 2.0 ?

How is the deal dead when various journalists confirm they are waiting in the wings. Respected ones including Caulkin, Kennedy, Douglas and others ?

How is the deal dead when they are lobbying politicians and more recently Bein ?

How is the takeover dead when Mike Ashley is paying thousands for legal representation ?

How is the takeover dead when NCSL have received confirmation that they are ready to go once approved, why would a bloke be wasting thousands to get Mike Ashley compensation ?

I could go on but I really don’t think I need to.

Excellent summary of the position, Whitley mag !

Deffo not a wind-up bud, I detest that shit. He has no connections, just another big NUFC fan. But he never sends me any kinds of texts like this which got me interested. Like I say, probably just him catching onto the massive rumour mill going round at the moment, but who knows eh?

There is deffo something in the air regarding Bruce though, I think. I dont think he will get till April like previous sacked managers.

Cheers...thanks

Sammer at any position would be tremendous and would hopefully see Bruce out the door very quickly, it's not happening though and sadly only something a properly maintained football club would do.

Sammer is absolutely brilliant. Has done really good work lately in Dortmund, being the man behind the curtains.

However it’s hard to believe that he would come under Ashley. No way never, because he has wanted to be in small role because of health issues and that’s why he is not in leading role at BVB. And Ashley doesn’t know who he is.