Jeff Hendrick: Released (Official)

gdm

25 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

How much are we getting off the books in terms of salary with these releases?

From internet sources which aren't going to be particularly accurate about:

£40k pw for Hendrick (I've seen £35k and £50k)

£45k pw for Ritchie (he got a new deal last year but looks like it was an optional extension so could have been at previous rate)

£35k pw for Dummett (signed a new one year contract last year so may not be at this rate this year)

£10k pw for Karius (I've seem 20k and 30k mentioned too, the 30k seems to be based on his Football Manager Salary )

So maybe £130,000 per week off the bill - some of Hendrick's salary might have been covered on loan.

1 minute ago, BlazeT44 said:

Think from a FFP perspective, we'd written some of their costs off early too? Or am I imagining things?

Having reached the end of their contracts, their respective book values have already been fully depreciated.

Just feels like even if he wasn't naturally that skilled, he should still have been able to make more of whatever assets he had. It's not like he was immobile, he could just have run around a bit more and got stuck in if nothing else. Instead he would just disappear for 90 mins.

5 hours ago, midds said:

Yep, pretty much this. The only thing I will say in his favour is that as soon as he realised he was surplus he decided to try and find another club so he could at least keep playing at a lower level. He could have just put his feet up, taken the money and done fuck all but at least he still wants to play. Still a shit signing overall but I don't hate the bloke or anything

Fair comment.  I will be surprised though if the club didn't pay a fair chunk of his salary when on loan.  Was the type of signed that just summed up the Ashley era. 

Just like Everton going for Phillips is the most Everton signing possible at the moment. Hendrick signing for us under Ashley was such a peak Ashley move in such a terrible way. I feel bad for the guy, before he'd even kicked a ball for us he had already become the personification of the deep malaise the club was in. But by God I'm also glad to see him going and another connection to that period severed and relegated to history.

5 hours ago, Bellars said:

Having reached the end of their contracts, their respective book values have already been fully depreciated.

Hendrick and Dummett had no book value, there was no fee to amortise

I shudder thinking about COVID football these days, so soulless.

I just looked that game up, and the starting 11 that day was rough :lol:

Darlow

Lascelles

Fernandez

Lewis

Manquillo

ASM

Hendrick

Hayden

Shelvey

Carroll

Wilson