Ryan Fraser (on loan at Southampton)

Chapo

15 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Geremi was similar for being past it etc.  Only difference was somehow King Kev manged to get like 8 good games from him in a midfield 3.  Miracles do happen.

His ball for Owen Vs the mackems was amazing.

The end of 07/08 was genuinely great. Reading at home sticks in mind as being a very Keegan performance especially. Mad how excited I was for the next season and then Jonas's performance against Man United. :lol:

Keegan with us then is an interesting hinge point. Like if he'd had the Man City money some of us were thinking he'd have, what might he have done.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

The end of 07/08 was genuinely great. Reading at home sticks in mind as being a very Keegan performance especially. Mad how excited I was for the next season and then Jonas's performance against Man United. :lol:

Keegan with us then is an interesting hinge point. Like if he'd had the Man City money some of us were thinking he'd have, what might he have done.

Spurs away sticks in my mind.

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Billy Shitehurst was the first NUFC no.9 I ever saw.  All uphill from there :)

Pingel is almost impossible to put into words.  I’m not even sure grainy VHS tape from that season would really cover it, as TV footage never really shows a player’s performance in the way that watching in the flesh does.  He was hopeless on the ball, but he may actually be the worst footballer in history off the ball.  Poor fucker was absolutely clueless 

Didn't have a single solitary attribute that would be considered useful for a professional footballer. Some players kind of look the part, even if they're not. This bloke even looked rubbish.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Didn't have a single solitary attribute that would be considered useful for a professional footballer. Some players kind of look the part, even if they're not. This bloke even looked rubbish.

Aye, like that Ali Dia bloke at Southampton he looked like a Sunday league player who’d blagged his way into a top flight squad.  But unlike Dia, he managed to play reasonably regularly.  Pingel is the worst player I’ve seen in B&W bar none.  Looking at some of the names being cited on here for centre forwards makes me wish I’d been born ten years later - if Rivière and De Jong are as bad as you’ve seen, you’re a lucky sod :) 

Have a misty recollection of Paul Moran too. He was on loan from Spurs around 91 I think. Only played maybe a half against Wolves, seem to recall him missing from a yard out and was painfully terrible. Actually looked drunk on the pitch. Turns out he went out and got absolutely shit-faced with Gazza the night before the game :lol:

2 hours ago, Viana said:

Worst signed XI I can remember from my time. 

Sels 

Gamez  Yanga-Mbiwa Boumsong Lazaar 

Colback   Hendrick 

Thauvin                                       Obertan
                    Riviere   Muto           

Luuk De Jong in there instead of Muto.

Defensive shouts are a bit mad, like. Yanga-Mbiwa was a decent player; there's dozens of CBs I'd have ahead of him. Ramage, Campbell, Bramble, off the top of me head. Poor Gamez and Lazaar barely kicked a ball. 

I must say I liked Fraser, he was never all that good but he had a few decent games for us and always seemed a decent sort when being interviewed.

But whatever went on must have been poor if it came to that, I can’t imagine it was all about money either. Football is a weird sport for a grift.. like there’s suckers in every single team in every single league. Fraser would have gotten those wages elsewhere.

If he was leaking stuff to the press I’d say that would have been enough for no road back.. they run a tight ship now. Pure speculation though.. 

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Defensive shouts are a bit mad, like. Yanga-Mbiwa was a decent player; there's dozens of CBs I'd have ahead of him. Ramage, Campbell, Bramble, off the top of me head. Poor Gamez and Lazaar barely kicked a ball. 

That cunt Alan Smith should feature in that lineup.

Along with Crapcapa.

3 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Ramage came through the academy though

Plus he done more than a job for us compared to some of the shite we've had

4 hours ago, Yorkie said:

It's all opinions init. 

De Jong and Muto had the same issue really, both were just a bit powder puff, but De Jong only had six months. 

Gamez I'll give you because maybe he was just old, but then I couldn't quite think of a proper shite right back during that period. Debuchy underwhelmed, Manquillo and Krafth have been fine. Ramage I'll give you but when I think of worst I just imagine can't trap a ball, panic whenever it goes near them, so yeah maybe him. Was Des Hamilton really shite? 

But by that same logic I can't put Campbell in there because he was just old. That's why I scrubbed Cacapa too because it just feels like elder abuse. Bramble always had a rick in him, but he had that period with Woodgate where he was pretty decent. With Yanga-Mbiwa, I never saw that and I felt he had that same rick tendency. He actually felt quite meek when he played.

If we work on your theory that not playing much disqualifies you, are we talking Santon as a shite left back? Paul Dummet? Babayaro? Go way back to Wayne Quinn? I guess you could throw Paul Huntington in there or Davey Edgar. 

7 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Yanga-Mbiwa had one of the worst performances I've ever seen in a Newcastle shirt at home to Everton I think it was. Awful player for us.

Appreciate this is meant to be a Fraser thread, and good luck to him, but whilst you lot are compiling a team of "shit players" spare a thought for those of us who watched the cup final 74 & 76 squads degenerate into Bill McGarry's 1979 team then downwards. 

Years of mediocrity 😂

Good luck to Fraser, far from the worst we've ever had and did well for us at times. Shame if he's been the source of leaks though, that doesn't reflect well.

In terms of worst ever, I've had to go 3 at the back to fit in all the shite midfielders we've had. Oh which note, how had nobody mentioned Amdy Faye? Total dogshit, just not even a footballer. First name on my list.

Mike Hooper

Marcelino
Cacapa
Boumsong

Hendrick
Getemi
Amdy Faye
Smith
Colback

Guivarch
Xisco

30 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Good luck to Fraser, far from the worst we've ever had and did well for us at times. Shame if he's been the source of leaks though, that doesn't reflect well.

In terms of worst ever, I've had to go 3 at the back to fit in all the shite midfielders we've had. Oh which note, how had nobody mentioned Amdy Faye? Total dogshit, just not even a footballer. First name on my list.

Mike Hooper

Marcelino
Cacapa
Boumsong

Hendrick
Getemi
Amdy Faye
Smith
Colback

Guivarch
Xisco

Can't disagree with any of those except for Geremi - did at least get the odd assist and had a good run of games under KK when we played that 4-3-1-2 with Owen in behind Martins and Viduka. He was old and knackered in general but I think his place is taken by Henri Saivet. One free kick (which equalised a goal he'd just given away) in 5 years and barely a handful of games over that time, cost a £5m fee and on decent wages. At least old Jeremiah was on a free and was peddled after a couple of seasons.

10 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Pingel is always the lowest base line. Those were dark dark days, when signing a player from Blyth was the highlight of the season.

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Mike Hooper

Marcelino
Cacapa
Boumsong

Hendrick
Getemi
Amdy Faye
Smith
Colback

Guivarch
Xisco

That team would batter Bill McGarry's. 

17 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

That team would batter Bill McGarry's. 

Which in turn would batter Tom Mather's team of 1936-37.

Which was closer in time to Bill McGarry's era than McGarry is to today. :lol:

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

Can't disagree with any of those except for Geremi - did at least get the odd assist and had a good run of games under KK when we played that 4-3-1-2 with Owen in behind Martins and Viduka. He was old and knackered in general but I think his place is taken by Henri Saivet. One free kick (which equalised a goal he'd just given away) in 5 years and barely a handful of games over that time, cost a £5m fee and on decent wages. At least old Jeremiah was on a free and was peddled after a couple of seasons.

I remember an assist at Everton for Steven Taylor under Kinnear. Unreal cross.