Callum Wilson

Strawberry

1 hour ago, STM said:

Abraham offers more but I doubt he's a better finisher than Wilson.

Wilsons instinct is A1. I do love Tammy though.

Tammy will give you more in stretching defences so I get why some football people might prefer him. But personally I've always had a purist admiration for the killer finish. There's some players who just seem to know where the goal is, and how to beat a keeper, and it's not always about brute power. Today's goal was a prime example of that. That defender was on him all day and barely gave Wilson a sniff, but he found an inch and not only got it past him, but also nicked it so perfectly that it gathered past the keeper into the far corner. With his back to goal. Some of his goals are breathtaking in execution, and I'll bet Shearer won't miss it on MOTD tonight.

Just now, TRon said:

Tammy will give you more in stretching defences so I get why some football people might prefer him. But personally I've always had a purist admiration for the killer finish. There's some players who just seem to know where the goal is, and how to beat a keeper, and it's not always about brute power. Today's goal was a prime example of that. That defender was on him all day and barely gave Wilson a sniff, but he found an inch and not only got it past him, but also nicked it so perfectly that it gathered past the keeper into the far corner. With his back to goal. Some of his goals are breathtaking in execution, and I'll bet Shearer won't miss it on MOTD tonight.

Watch against Brighton. Wilson will get proper chances because Brighton will try and play, which will leave gaps.

It's always harder when a team floods their box with defenders.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Watch against Brighton. Wilson will get proper chances because Brighton will try and play, which will leave gaps.

It's always harder when a team floods their box with defenders.

Yeah, he had three men around him all game today, but still managed to find that inch of space to get his goal. If he plays all season he hits 20 goals no problem.

45 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He's a very underrated footballer. I always thought he was more of a poacher.

Tough conditions for him today playing against 3 CBs and with a very congested box. Class came out on top in the end.

Best post-Shearer striker we've had imo. Understand the love for Ba and I really enjoyed Remy and loved Carroll, but Wilson is much more my style.

Edited by Kid Icarus

The thing with Callum is that he’s an ultra confident, swaggering alpha of an athlete but he also comes off as a completely likeable guy on and off the pitch with an infectious personality. He’s a clearly a leader within the squad - he banters, smiles, laughs, demands the best, can be a shithouse when he wants to, can bully center backs, can use his pace and movement to get space. We’ve really not had this kind of guy in a long long time. I think the biggest difference between him, Rondon, Remy, Ba, and CIsse is that’s he seems the total package. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

His finish wasn't even mentioned on MOTD. I don't get why it's not being wanked over, it was absolutely class 

I can't even really figure out how he's done it - for him to put it where he has, with his right foot facing the way it is. Class - I thought it must be a deflection when I saw in real time.

4 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

He's a very underrated footballer. I always thought he was more of a poacher.

Tough conditions for him today playing against 3 CBs and with a very congested box. Class came out on top in the end.

It was tough but his movement was still there, could have had a couple of tap ins if ASM and Miggy lifted their heads

His finish though was ridiculous, hope we can stay fit 

I didn't realise how good he was when he was at Bournemouth, I was happy with the singing at the time, I thought 20 mil was great business but I did not realise he was so good.

He really should be in the England squad.

If he wasn't injury prone he'd be up there.

6 hours ago, healthyaddiction said:

I think Wilson is very good but obviously held back by injuries. There is a pack of good English strikers that Wilson is in amongst, and if he has a good half season I think he'll stand a chance of going the world Cup. But I think Kane and Abraham will be the first names on the list. 

Tammy impressed in a strong Chelsea team and then in a much weaker league in Italy. I rate Tammy a lot. Wilson is superior on his day imo. Unfortunately he's very injury prone so got to put Tammy ahead, might be inferior but he's miles younger and doesnt get injured as much. I'd rather have a 15 goal a season guy than a 10 a season guy who's actually better. BUT... he might not get injured, thus making him far superior.

Edited by Mountain

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

I didn't realise how good he was when he was at Bournemouth, I was happy with the singing at the time, I thought 20 mil was great business but I did not realise he was so good.

He really should be in the England squad.

If he wasn't injury prone he'd be up there.

I think if he stays fit til November he'll go to the World Cup.

Did anybody else notice how much he was fucking with their goalkeeper? Hilarious. There was a moment in the first half where the keeper's trying to get some space to throw it and Wilson is all over him, keeper's going "what the fuck" and Wilson just shrugging at him like "what mate" - it was cracking me up.

10 hours ago, Kanji said:

The thing with Callum is that he’s an ultra confident, swaggering alpha of an athlete but he also comes off as a completely likeable guy on and off the pitch with an infectious personality. He’s a clearly a leader within the squad - he banters, smiles, laughs, demands the best, can be a shithouse when he wants to, can bully center backs, can use his pace and movement to get space. We’ve really not had this kind of guy in a long long time. I think the biggest difference between him, Rondon, Remy, Ba, and CIsse is that’s he seems the total package. 

I genuinely think his biggest strength is his confidence and how he backs himself. You can see it in how he talks and how he carries himself - there's no doubt in his mind that he's going to successfully do what he's trying to do.

I can't imagine you can easily coach such unwavering self belief into a person.

6 hours ago, Miercoles said:

Did anybody else notice how much he was fucking with their goalkeeper? Hilarious. There was a moment in the first half where the keeper's trying to get some space to throw it and Wilson is all over him, keeper's going "what the fuck" and Wilson just shrugging at him like "what mate" - it was cracking me up.

Henderson was being pathetic. He could've easily booted it.

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

I genuinely think his biggest strength is his confidence and how he backs himself. You can see it in how he talks and how he carries himself - there's no doubt in his mind that he's going to successfully do what he's trying to do.

Absolutely spot on. The phrase alpha athlete is a great description.

7 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I think if he stays fit til November he'll go to the World Cup.

Kane is a certain, beyond that who else do England have as a striker?

Calvert-Lewin is permanently crocked. All of the other picks for England are attacking midfielders; Foden, Grealish, Saka etc. We’d be better off losing one of those for Wilson but it’ll never happen because they have to be selected by default.

Abraham is quite rightly likely to go, I would say. But only taking two actual strikers is shite. Doesn’t fit Southgate’s dreadful style though.

18 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Have you seen the cunts that Eton churns out?