Newcastle United 0 - 3 Brighton - 20/09/20 - Post-match reaction from page 25

BlueStar

Lewis looks like he’s playing his first ever match with new prosthetics.

The new whipping boy? :lol:

They game looks over, they should throw Joelinton on to play his established role and spare poor Lewis :lol:

Seriously man; if someone warrants criticism, they can be criticised without being considered a "whipping boy".

I know. I just find it funny man. I know he's struggled, but have you seen this setup and team though man?  I mean, my God :lol:

That's a different subject, that is admittedly far more worthy of discussion and criticism. However, our tactical setup or lack thereof doesn't give the players a free pass when discussing/assessing their performance.

Is does to Kaka. He gives a free pass to shite players.

How can you watch this and talk about who is shite and who isn't? :lol:

No one is doing anything. The whole team stinks. We are not a team playing even half decently with just one player having a stinker.

Feel free to criticise all you want though. I'm just as free to find it ridiculous.

I'm not sure anyone has every praised ASM for his defensive contribution. Funny how many are suddenly out of the woodwork and are like YEAAAH TOLD YOU ASM WAS SHIT. He's clearly our most exciting attacking player, however yes his defensive contribution was shocking today. We should also have known they would be stretching play out wide and should never have let him be so exposed by a very exciting young left back who just tore into Chelsea previous game.

What do we expect when we have a manager with this approach to the game?

“I’ve been accused of being a dinosaur because I don’t like the computer.”

“I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go.”

"I'm not really into tactics."

:lol:

Where the hell did this Lamptey kid come from? Like, I know they bought him from Chelsea, but I’d never heard of him before last week...

Was very highly rated at Chelsea - had James and Azpilicueta ahead of him so saw the chance to go elsewhere to get game time - fair play

A good manager would have had ASM nowhere near Lamptey. ASM should be stood in their half waiting for us to attack, not pissing about pretending to be a wingback.

So much this, if people cant see that and jump on and say ASM is shite, they dont actually know fuck all about football.

“I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go.”

That's never a real quote man :lol:

I saw a mate of mine at halftime and he said it’s the best we’ve played against Brighton in the past two or three years. I said, ‘Really? I’m not so sure about that, but if that’s what you think

Where the hell did this Lamptey kid come from? Like, I know they bought him from Chelsea, but I’d never heard of him before last week...

Was very highly rated at Chelsea - had James and Azpilicueta ahead of him so saw the chance to go elsewhere to get game time - fair play

Same. First I’d seen anything of substance from him. I certainly know who the bastard is now mind ?

Maybe he's changed his tune in the last 5 years but flexible adaptation isn't a quality dinosaurs are known for :lol:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/9axd38/the-ballad-of-steve-bruce-premier-league-punching-bag

Until very recently, he admits, he didn't know how to send an email. "I've been accused of being a dinosaur because I don't like the computer," he has said, and there's something about the way he says "the computer" that makes you think he's talking about the invention rather than the 16-year-old desktop gathering dust in his spare room.

I'm not sure anyone has every praised ASM for his defensive contribution. Funny how many are suddenly out of the woodwork and are like YEAAAH TOLD YOU ASM WAS SHIT. He's clearly our most exciting attacking player, however yes his defensive contribution was shocking today. We should also have known they would be stretching play out wide and should never have let him be so exposed by a very exciting young left back who just tore into Chelsea previous game.

He's our most talented player, and definitely isn't shite, but he should have just been given another role today, or just sat this one out.

Alternatively, maybe we should have tried to match their formation, as we have the personnel to do so. Anything but the way we started.

When Everton play Brighton I doubt you will see them go out and expect James Rodriguez to cover Tariq Lamptey.

Guest Cheesy Beans

A good manager would have had ASM nowhere near Lamptey. ASM should be stood in their half waiting for us to attack, not pissing about pretending to be a wingback.

He’d fucking retire by then.

I think the best way to sum-up our first half performance is to say that Brighton have been unimpressive and made plenty of mistakes.

It's been absolutely dismal, like. By all accounts a solid performance against a deeply troubled West Ham side, and lucked our way through a cup tie. First sign of a meaningful opponent and we go to pieces: no semblance of a gameplan and the players look leggy and disinterested.

Maybe Bruce should have put some thought towards the weekend's game instead of getting handjobs off his mate all week.

Bruce wants shot with shit, like. He said he played Hendrick over Almiron last week because they were more physical. Today we’re against a team who’s best player is a nippy wing-back. Even if he wanted to be negative he could have picked Almiron over on the left to combat him with his own pace and workrate. Carroll might not as well have been there today.

I love that it infers Bruce thinks there's 1 single computer. :lol: