Football governance

Nobody

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Apparently the government may threaten to make the ESL a national interest, and therefore legally free to air, which would massively devalue the broadcast rights.

It'd be nice if they could get a couple of commentators in to shit on every game. A bit like Jim Ross when he's doing AEW.

I fuckin love some of the hardball tactics being proposed, I so so hope they stick to their guns - kicked out this season's CL, banning players playing internationally, kick them out CL. For a bit I really didn't want them to leave as would devalue the league we play in, but now I just really want to fuck them off. Would give me a bigger buzz than anything Newcastle have in last few years.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

As much as I want the PL to come out and take action now, they need to check the legal position first. The Super League teams have a bit of an advantage at the mo as they've been planning this and they must feel they have a strong legal position to support them staying domestically.

Fucking hope not though, want them gone or totally humiliated

2 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I keep reading that it would wreck the pyramid system in this country. In what way? I fail to see how. The likes of Man City and Chelsea have pretty much blank cheque books anyhow 

The value of the PL and the money coming into it would absolutely plummet. Thus leaving nothing for the grass roots and the lower leagues. 

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I keep reading that it would wreck the pyramid system in this country. In what way? I fail to see how. The likes of Man City and Chelsea have pretty much blank cheque books anyhow 

Because there is no point in getting to the top for the 'Small 14' teams and the 'Big 6' teams will start playing reserve lineups once they know they cant win the league.

For example what incentive would there be for Arsenal to actively try in the Premier League each season when they know they cant win it and a majority of their income comes from the other league. They wouldnt risk senior players getting injured etc

I probably agree with Simon Jordon, clubs are in massive debt because wage and agent fees are far to high, instead of trying to sort that situation they are expecting fans to foot the bill for a new league 

Just now, Ben said:

I probably agree with Simon Jordon, clubs are in massive debt because wage and agent fees are far to high, instead of trying to sort that situation they are expecting fans to foot the bill for a new league 

Out of them only really Man Utd are and Arsenal are in massive debt. Man Utd because their owners bought the club with their own money, and Arsenal because of their new stadium. You could say the same for Spurs as well. However all of that debt it manageable. Chelsea and Man City obviously have vast riches.

Just now, Stifler said:

Out of them only really Man Utd are and Arsenal are in massive debt. Man Utd because their owners bought the club with their own money, and Arsenal because of their new stadium. You could say the same for Spurs as well. However all of that debt it manageable. Chelsea and Man City obviously have vast riches.

The Spanish and Italian teams are hemorrhaging money 

2 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Because there is no point in getting to the top for the 'Small 14' teams and the 'Big 6' teams will start playing reserve lineups once they know they cant win the league.

For example what incentive would there be for Arsenal to actively try in the Premier League each season when they know they cant win it and a majority of their income comes from the other league. They wouldnt risk senior players getting injured etc

Agree.  The only reason to stay in the PL would be for the additional revenue, which would likely decline.  So, in effect, the Big 6 would treat the PL games like reserves games?  It's counter intuitive.  If they want to breakaway, let them break away completely and only play in their super league.

6 minutes ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Nobody ever should have the right to obtain automatic qualification and also avoid a relegation in any given situation or competition.

If FIFA and UEFA both come out and say no international football for anyone on a super league team, then this goes away because their most marketable assets will leave. I bet the league associations are begging them to take this stand for them so the associations don’t have to do any heavy lifting. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The value of the PL and the money coming into it would absolutely plummet. Thus leaving nothing for the grass roots and the lower leagues. 

Most of the income goes on wages and agents anyway, income falls then so do wages so proportionally money still filters down. 

First couple of years would be tough to navigate though 

1 minute ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Going to be interesting to see who they would invite to make up the numbers... 

Currently half the 12 participants are English Clubs, shameful. 

They are relocating and rebranding Spurs as Sporen FC in Germany and Arsenal to CF Tireur in France.

Theres nothing stopping each countries FAs from banning players from their national team is there?

You don’t have a right to be picked for the international team so I can’t see a legal comeback. It would be like when the England Rugby team would only select domestic players (don’t know if that’s still a thing)

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Putting the ban in place is a a surefire way to root out all of the mercenary cunts in one fell swoop who would abandon their country for cash.

It is the same as crowding referees and influencing them by simply carding and sending people off. The answer is there they are just too scared to put the foot down and the consequences of trying to take the power back. Just fucking do it. 

Greed took over the moment Chelsea and Man City were allowed to be funded by oil money to hoover up most of the last 15 titles between them. It’s obviously a joke idea if they stayed in the PL as well as this super league but if they left the PL then that gives the rest of us hope and a chance to win things for once as that’s the only way it’s going to happen. Things just carry on as they are then Man City will just continue to buy titles with their oil money. Removing them only makes English football better in my view.