Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I disagree. Would still be a highly competitive 20 team PL that the winners of can rightly be proud of and be champions of England as the other 6 won’t be part of english football. I just find it weird people have spent years moaning about the big 6 and how unfair it is now there is the prospect of them finally leaving people are devastated. They wouldn’t be missed. Awful soulless clubs with soulless plastic fans 

But let's say Newcastle won a trophy (using strong imagination) - what's the achievement?

6 teams have deemed it beneath them, so it's meaningless. Like the Papa John's Trophy.

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

But let's say Newcastle won a trophy (using strong imagination) - what's the achievement?

6 teams have deemed it beneath them, so it's meaningless. Like the Papa John's Trophy.

Well on the same hand what's the achievement in Man City winning the league because they're bankrolled by a country?

Just now, triggs said:

Well on the same hand what's the achievement in Man City winning the league because they're bankrolled by a country?

I'd agree that it'd feel slightly hollow, because of the circumstances, but at least everyone else was there to compete and beat.

35 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

The whole idea of five also-rans eager to lap up the 15 permanent members' sloppy seconds every year is gross. 

Don't understand what even happens here, as well as competing in your domestic league (assuming they can't kick you out of it) you get to play one season in a league of teams which have loads more money than you and get fucking hammered every week, and even if you were by some miracle to win it, or finish above Spurs and Arsenal, you don't get invited back next year because Spurs and Arsenal are there forever?