Football governance

Nobody

2 hours ago, astraguy said:

Premier League considering what action to take against top 6 clubs involved in super League plans, but will take time considering Thier approach "

Basically we won't punish the big boys please forgot about it and move on 

2 month ban for each club starting June 1st

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

There's an elephant in the room that nobody wants to confront and that is the demand from supporters for every game to be available to view.

I've argued on here many times over the years in favour of the 3pm blackout in English football to protect attendances down the pyramid that often rely on, for example, Newcastle fans going to Gateshead, Blyth, wherever, when we're playing away. It's inevitably met with a response that my view is archaic, we should all be able to watch whoever we want, whenever we want and nobody's too worried about clubs further down - "I don't go to watch North Shields when Newcastle are away so probably nobody does, it's not a problem"

I'm a massive hypocrite about it, because I want to be able to follow my team in every game from London. Maybe regional blackouts are the answer... they have those in America but obviously the geographical areas are much larger.

That said, I do sometimes go to Bromley when there's not a game on I want to watch. I would still do that in preference to Man City v Chelsea, but maybe not an NUFC game (if we were worth watching).

1 hour ago, Lazarus said:

Wouldnt that have to be Europe wide?

If it was just the PL, then we'd very quickly become a backwater.

Yeah it would have to be an agreement across Europe and football across the world. 

Football cant just keep looking for the next massive TV deal, at some point these avenues will run out.  This is now a chance to put some sustainability in football for its own long term health. 

Guest neesy111

No chance that clubs would agree to joining super league without some exit clauses etc and then back out.  Actually, they do seem to be ran by idiots so probably yes.

30 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Totally expected.

This

4 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Well blow me down with a feather.  Fucking bunch of kunt cowards.

This

24 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

All in bed with each other man, football is fucked.

....and this.

1 hour ago, CalmintheChaos said:

I don’t get people saying we need to keep the pyramid system and they are all for the pyramid system. I mean I agree with that but the no relegation thing was for the super league. There would still have been relegation in English football 

But no promotion to the super league and nobody dropping out? It's not just about relegation, it would've created loads of meaningless games between teams who couldn't get relegated and teams who knew they were in the SL regardless of position.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But no promotion to the super league and nobody dropping out? It's not just about relegation, it would've created loads of meaningless games between teams who couldn't get relegated and teams who knew they were in the SL regardless of position.

And would have lead to fucking loads of games where the Sinister Six would have put out reserve sides in the PL. Soon as they know they're not winning the PL, they've got nowt to play for and it's reserve sides galore.

5 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Current humiliation...........Really.    They are pissing themselves at how weak the PL is.   This was just a shot across the bow, something else is coming.  No way these Billionaires would give up after 72 hours, something is not right, the Owners can't be that weak to get to the position they are in.

The PL have basically welcomed them back with open arms, and with no punishment.     Basically the 'shitty 6' have bitten their 'Master' and instead of putting it down, they have been forgiven.   Next time it wont be a bite, it will be a full scale biting frenzy and the PL aint going to survive!

Humilation?  Nah, this was just a test to see how weak the PL really are!

Well, what this episode has shown is that the Premiership, combined with pressure from politicians, UEFA and fans groups, have actually been stronger than the breakaway clubs. It seems to me that, added to the long-term risk that a breakaway wouldn't work out, there's the short term issue of the difficulties in getting the thing actually off the ground. What's going to change? 

2 hours ago, Rosenrot said:

To whom? Real Madrid? [emoji38]

Surely seeing as the whole point of it was that the founder members had complete control and ownership of the league they just pay it to each other? 

1 hour ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Premier League Statement

’In line with our valued colleagues at UEFA we have decided to not impose any sanctions on the English clubs involved in the now-defunct Super League.

We welcome these clubs back into the Premier League family as we progress towards the end of the 2020-21 season’

Should have been a year long ban from UEFA competitions and points deducted for next season in the PL at the very least. They can just do this again next time they feel they're not getting their way now