Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

If they truly don’t can’t about the “legacy” fans (fuck off) any longer and are squarely aiming this at the younger market, what Neville said last night makes sense. They might not even go for Amazon or Disney or whatever streaming it. They might handle all coverage themselves. Neville said, while holding his mobile phone, 150 million Manure fans worldwide (is that right?) paying £1 every week to watch the games on mobile phones or tablets. £150 million per week.

Not too shabby to be honest. 

They'll need an infrastructure to be able to do that and if they were threatening to start in August there's no where near enough time for them to get that sorted. They must have a partner or agreed carriers already.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 minute ago, hakka said:

Fuck me, is that really a flood of bots all posting pro ESL stuff on twitter? :lol: - quite a few in that Bayern thread.

Loads from Africa/Asia and the US from what I have seen so far.

Arsenal could really come out of this bad if it doesnt go ahead. Their chronic lack of investment means they aint getting in any existing lucrative competition any time soon and their debts are massive. They seem desperate to be able to start paying some stuff back and reluctant to spend. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

45 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Much like the statement from Sky Sports last night.

Whilst they both says they have not been involved in any Super League discussions (so far), neither of them go on to condemn it, and/or rule out any future discussions.

Incidentally, have BeinSport (and/or their hairy handed sexist pundit) distanced themselves yet??

Edited by TK-421

12 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

That's really great I think, totally undermines the SL. Bayern are European Champions and massive internationally, how can it call itself a Super League?

I actually think the PL could kick them out - they obviously don't want to, but the SL will massively cut PL's revenue and international appeal, so can see them throwing everything at stopping this.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Just now, TK-421 said:

Whilst they both says they have not been involved in any Super League discussions (so far), neither of them go onto condemn it, and say they wouldn't in future, though!

Incidentally, have BeinSport (and/or their hairy handed sexist pundit) distanced themselves yet??

If they try and design their own streaming platform or something, it will be disastrously shit. 

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Whilst they both says they have not been involved in any Super League discussions (so far), neither of them go on to condemn it, and/or rule out any future discussions.

He's to busy still trying to wind us up. 

48 minutes ago, hakka said:

We have consider what the damage is from binning the top 6 from the PL. The PL and it's payments to clubs is based on current and future years payments of it's broadcaster deals. I don't know the pull of the top 6 has in relative terms to all the deals the PL has with all broadcasters, but if those broadcasters lose a chunk of subscribers, say 20%, that amount will be hundreds of millions of pounds that which the broadcasters can't pay to the PL. If the PL doesn't get the money, then the clubs don't get paid their money. We already know most clubs overspend or are fully dependant on it, wiping out a large chunk of it could start a chain reaction that collapses the whole thing. Appreciate it's a crude description, but I think that's the sort of reasons why it must be done pragmatically and with deep thought. No point chucking out the top 6 if it's enough to destroy the whole thing.

But income is and has never been a problem since the advent of the Premier League and Champions League, its the level of expenditure and the vast majority of that is linked to increasing income levels - i.e. players wages, transfer fees and agents. Take the income down 10% and these will need to fall accordingly. 

Short term there is a problem whilst existing contracts wind through but the existing TV deals should help navigate this period.

It's also why the SL won't fix the clubs debt problems. Do we really think Haaland's agent won't be all over the increased revenue and £500k a week suddenly becomes a demand of £1m. 

A SL league club want to take Neymar in - £500m please

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

But income is and has never been a problem since the advent of the Premier League and Champions League, its the level of expenditure and the vast majority of that is linked to increasing income levels - i.e. players wages, transfer fees and agents. Take the income down 10% and these will need to fall accordingly. 

Short term there is a problem whilst existing contracts wind through but the existing TV deals should help navigate this period.

It's also why the SL won't fix the clubs debt problems. Do we really think Haaland's agent won't be all over the increased revenue and £500k a week suddenly becomes a demand of £1m. 

A SL league club want to take Neymar in - £500m please

Agreed, posted about the cost issue earlier today.

43 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I think eventually you'll have two different sports altogether. Different rules, different formats. A bit like T20 cricket.

T20 cricket filled a gap though. Only hardcore enthusiasts would actually watch test cricket where teams battled it out 5 days for a draw. T20 is more accessible to the public with games lasting a few hours at most, and no fluff. 

The PL is already a massive worldwide success, if you get thrown out of it, not sure you can replace it adequately with the ESL.