Football governance

Nobody

3 minutes ago, James said:

I’m going to predict that Barnes and De Marco will go on NUFC behalf today to the PL meeting and demand concessions on our behalf to secure the 14th and therefore unanimous vote.

Whatever happens today will all be down to NUFC

Fuck off man.

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Would be a weak bargaining position. Oh ok then we will allow these clubs to gain a massive advantage and you won't approve the Takeover. :lol:

If the PL need a 14th vote Ashley holds all the chips.

knowing what we know about Ashley you know he will go all in on his own self interest in that situation.

do I agree with it....no......but that is what I think he will do

7 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Stronger in his stance than Klopp. Hopefully, Man city pull out.

Man City and Chelsea were apparently strong armed into it. So the talk of a club or two starting to get panicky over it could well be either of those. 

29 minutes ago, Flip said:

Honestly, what were you expecting? That they would just cancel the season now? 

Yes, that's exactly what I was expecting. Or bring back Porto, Bayern and whoever else outside the gready 12 deserves a shot. This lot have already said they don't want to be in the CL, simply chuck them out.

Anything that's done that leaves the is lot with any power is proof that they are right. It cannot be allowed to happen. 

3 minutes ago, James said:

If the PL need a 14th vote Ashley holds all the chips.

knowing what we know about Ashley you know he will go all in on his own self interest in that situation.

do I agree with it....no......but that is what I think he will do

I think us trying to bargain now would be damaging. It would be better if the consortium were saying to them that they want to be part of a Premier League which has an even footing for all teams etc.

Think they'll keep this season's competitions going - if ESL falls through, you don't want history to show a mark against this season. I'm a stickler for things being completed.

But after that? Ban them from everything, fuck 'em.

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

Think they'll keep this season's competitions going - if ESL falls through, you don't want history to show a mark against this season. I'm a stickler for things being completed.

But after that? Ban them from everything, fuck 'em.

Everything completed? You got the stamina to be putting all that work in all the time?

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

If the UK government legilate against it so it's not possible surely English clubs wont be liable for any lawsuit for leaving or previously arranged fee because it is no longer lawful? @Shays Given Tim Flowers?

Potentially would be frustration of the contract under English law but we don't know what jurisdiction governs these contracts, for one.