Football governance

Nobody

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It won’t happen, but I hope never again will the non-‘big 6’ clubs loan players from those clubs. No more Willocks, Loftus-Cheeks, Minamotos, etc to give their players game time.

That won’t happen but maybe it could be met halfway where if a loan player plays a certain percentage of games the club has to make the move permanent.

1 hour ago, Rosenrot said:

ESPN are reporting that the Champions League semi finals are to go ahead as planned next week

UEFA already backing down then. Spineless cowards. Same will happen with the PL now. 

Wonder what would become of the 49 other clubs Man City own.

Such a thing should never have been allowed in the first place. The authorities brought a lot of this on themselves with their own greed and out of touchness with the soul of football.

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

UEFA already backing down then. Spineless cowards. Same will happen with the PL now. 

Honestly, what were you expecting? That they would just cancel the season now? 

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Rosenrot said:

Not a peep from the PL meeting.

Charnley was asked to take the meeting notes. It's just taking a bit of time to decipher.

8d78f0bcc540834a6b9b12cdc9d1e77c.jpg

If Boris Johnson is so minded,” says Geof Walker, “he only needs to bring forward a short bill banning any football in England other than matches organised by the FA. Such laws are already in place in France and Germany. That would oblige the owners to expatriate their franchises.

I would go about expelling the clubs from the domestic competitions to begin with and let them have their super league. But would ensure to lobby every tv network and sponsor out there to boycott. The league would run out of money within 3 years.

Then at that point if the clubs come crawling back, let them enter the league at the bottom level.

The premier league would take a hit for sure but this would never happen again and maybe in the years that follow, some sort of normality might return in terms of player transfers, wages etc.

Its a good opportunity to clear the decks as it were 

2 hours ago, Village Idiot said:

So, a very well connected dude I know has been told the ESL lot have a big media platform behind them (he thinks Amazon, doesn't know for sure) that wants to have high level sports globally and this is the way to secure them - since CL rights are sold piecemeal for each country.

I mean I'm absolutely certain there is either an existing media platform or subscription service or group of people involved in such things, that are going to be huge drivers of this. Like I said before in the end it's nothing but content creation to gain fees and ad space. If someone like Amazon come have exclusive rights to a brand new competition, then they have their extra content to be able to "diversify". It's a simple as that. The lack of competiton involved obviously supports that. 

4 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I mean I'm absolutely certain there is either an existing media platform or subscription service or group of people involved in such things, that are going to be huge drivers of this. Like I said before in the end it's nothing but content creation to gain fees and ad space. If someone like Amazon come have exclusive rights to a brand new competition, then they have their extra content to be able to "diversify". It's a simple as that. The lack of competiton involved obviously supports that. 

Sky definitely mentioned Amazon yesterday, along with Disney, so none of this is surprising. 

5 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Boris Johnson has very strong words on the ESL

Apparently he told Richard Masters, the chief exec of the Premier League, that he is committed to the free market but that the ESL is “anti-competitive”, saying “we should drop a legislative bomb to stop it – and we should do it now.”

2 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Pep saying it wouldn't be a sport :clap:

Encouraging. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Of course.

Quelle surprise. 

I’m going to predict that Barnes and De Marco will go on NUFC behalf today to the PL meeting and demand concessions on our behalf to secure the 14th and therefore unanimous vote.

Whatever happens today will all be down to NUFC