Football governance

Nobody

Leaves a really bad taste in the mouth the way they talk about "finding new ways to improve football in the future" like. Fuck off, you've shown your hand in what you think improving football is, all it is is just more guaranteed money for your already fat pockets. 

5 minutes ago, jotenko said:

Sorry but it can't just work like this. They can't just threaten and bluff everyone and win at the end of the story. They have to be punished hard.

Agree. Just what it looks like so far. 

They clearly had nothing set up to make this league actually work. Looks like one big rouse that everyone fell for.

Hopefully not.

I don't think it was a bluff, they got  a massive JP Morgan loan from it and apparently signed non-binding contracts. I genuinely think it was just a clusterfuck because the people who really put it together are incompetent and are used to things just going right for them.

Whether they win or not remains to be seen, but they definitely lost today. It's embarrassing for all involved and the PL and UEFA now have a remit to fix things for everyone, not just those clubs, because the threat of a breakaway league is pointless for now. I know neither will do it, but they're more powerful than ever.

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Super league did exactly what they wanted. They called everyone's bluff and uefa and likely the leagues have folded and given them more money and power. 

Whole thing was set up as a smokescreen to get what they wanted. 

What got voted through by UEFA was going through anyway and would have without them being cunts. I guess it’s a useful trial exercise for themselves but you’d have to imagine everyone else’s guard will be up now so that might not even be a benefit.

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Agree. Just what it looks like so far. 

They clearly had nothing set up to make this league actually work. Looks like one big rouse that everyone fell for.

Hopefully not.

I don't think conspiracy theories go down well on this board but it looks like it.

5 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

More money and power/leverage.

I'd say they've less leverage now than if they'd left something as a rumour and possibility, they've shot their shot to a large extent. Now it'll be "what are you going to do, start a Super League :lol: ?"

Edited by Inferior Acuña

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

More money and power/leverage.

What power/leverage? If anything, they now have less.

I'd also say sby financial incentive they might have received, will be a hell of a lot less than what they'd have recieved if it they'd gone through with it.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

What power/leverage? If anything, they now have less.

I'd also say sby financial incentive they might have received, will be a hell of a lot less than what they'd have recieved if it they'd gone through with it.

Dunno just speculating, whole thing is weird as fuck.

1 minute ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Fuck off, utterly ridiculous.

By the same line of thinking, Sheffield United shouldn't be punished with relegation, only their owners and directors should pay a fine. 

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

Dunno just speculating, whole thing is weird as fuck.

Sure is, even down to the cheap ass logo? Was like it was all knocked up the night before. 

Who fucking knows, just glad it's sort of over, and now just get on punishing the six teams