Football governance

Nobody

Guest HTT II

I’m loathe to target the likes of Shearer, but where has he been in the last decade? When I hear a Sky pundit, a former Man Utd legend, speak so passionately and defensively on behalf of every day fans (of all clubs, not just his own) and really going against the grain it saddens me that our own club with arguably one of the biggest supporter bases in world football, has no-one fighting our corner whatsoever and I’d call out our own Alan Shearer today to speak out and use his voice to drive change at a club he grew up dreaming of playing for and lived the dream we all dream for our club likewise, but as fans. Gary Neville, you sir, have been an absolute voice of clarity and passion and intelligence over the whole ESL saga and I personally respect him a whole lot more now. Good on him and fuck me, Souness man just retire, so out of touch and not even able to communicate whatever shit he is spouting even badly that’s how bad his opinions really are. 

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Think I’m in love with Gary Neville

My tendency to paranoia means his call for new owners sounds like a come and get us plea to the Saudis looking to buy us. 

Just now, HTT II said:

I’m loathe to target the likes of Shearer, but where has he been in the last decade? When I hear a Sky pundit, a former Man Utd legend, speak so passionately and defensively on behalf of every day fans (of all clubs, not just his own) and really going against the grain it saddens me that our own club with arguably one of the biggest supporter bases in world football, has no-one fighting our corner whatsoever and I’d call out our own Alan Shearer today to speak out and use his voice to drive change at a club he grew up dreaming of playing for and lived the dream we all dream for our club likewise, but as fans. Gary Neville, you sir, have been an absolute voice of clarity and passion and intelligence over the whole ESL saga and I personally respect him a whole lot more now. Good on him and fuck me, Souness man just retire, so out of touch and not even able to communicate whatever shit he is spouting even badly that’s how bad his opinions really are. 

In all fairness it’s only been the last year Neville has started speaking up for the BLM protests and against the ESL. In between both of those he was also speaking up in favour of project steal football himself. Shearer works for the BBC, he’s not allowed to politically speaking up, Lineker pushes it and he gets dogs abuse for doing so.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Shearer doesn't care about us as much as Neville does about Man U. He always gave me the impression he was doing us a favour being here tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Joe_F said:

NBC's coverage is hilarious.

What a pair of pricks Robbie Earle and Mustoe are.

Legitimately trying to work out how to tell them they’re fucking crooks. Where do I send my strongly worded letter. 

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye, every time Neville opens his mouth it must be embarrassing for the likes of Shearer who are so limp-dicked in their coverage of what has happened to Newcastle over the last 15 years.

Especially considering Shearer having intimate knowledge of how Ashley works.

If our supporters had any balls then we'd see the same scenes at SJP for the Sheffield game after yet another pathetic season but we know it won't happen. More likely to see the 10k going singing Bruce's praises. While I applaud what the Man Utd fans have done today I can't help feel bitter as fuck that after all the shite and all the years of pain we've endured that we won't see anything similar here. I'm jealous of them. I'm obviously not talking about everyone btw because I've seen first hand what some of our fans have done over the years to get Ashley out and the efforts of those on here in particular but still, even with all the fans groups created we couldn't get the masses on side and SJP still had 40k+ in every home game even in the Championship. Its shite and pathetic and it sickens me how accepting of Ashley the majority of our support are. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Stifler said:

In all fairness it’s only been the last year Neville has started speaking up for the BLM protests and against the ESL. In between both of those he was also speaking up in favour of project steal football himself. Shearer works for the BBC, he’s not allowed to politically speaking up, Lineker pushes it and he gets dogs abuse for doing so.

Lineker regularly uses social media to speak his mind, there is no excuse with Shearer and yes Neville has supported or failed to take to task various dubious dodgy football issues in the pas, but he’s been big enough to recognise that, kind of apologise and more importantly be brave enough to have a change of mind, recognise he’s been wrong and champion just causes going forward. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, HTT II said:

Lineker regularly uses social media to speak his mind, there is no excuse with Shearer and yes Neville has supported or failed to take to task various dubious dodgy football issues in the pas, but he’s been big enough to recognise that, kind of apologise and more importantly be brave enough to have a change of mind, recognise he’s been wrong and champion just causes going forward. 

Lineker can't say much now with his new BBC contract.

Guest HTT II
12 minutes ago, TRon said:

Shearer doesn't care about us as much as Neville does about Man U. He always gave me the impression he was doing us a favour being here tbh. 

I disagree somewhat, I think he cares a great deal but sadly like most is apathetic these days and is so comfortable in his media ‘friendly’ role today, rocking the boat makes no sense. Again I’m loathe to call him out, but fuck it, this is his club, he’s one of us and needs to stand up once and for all and call out what Man Utd fans and Neville are just now noticing at their own club, that bad owners like the Glazers and Ashley have ruined our sport and our game and our clubs and enough is enough. Demonstrate, voice out, protest, join the movement or fuck off and take you pay from your paymasters, Shearer included. 

Edited by HTT II

As much as I agree with what the likes of Neville say, I don’t feel a connection between the “save our game” narrative and our own situation. None of these people will give Mike Ashley a second thought, most have sympathised with him over the last 10+ years and probably laughed when he changed the stadium name to a fucking email address. No one from the outside is ever going to help when it comes to Ashley (bar a takeover), it’s all up to the fans, and every penny put in his pocket is a vote in his favour.

Edited by Kimbo

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

I don’t think it’s that, just Shearer cares more about getting his payday than Neville does.

6 minutes ago, TRon said:

never really got over the way shearer celebrated scoring at the gallowgate end for blackburn.

1 minute ago, HTT II said:

I disagree somewhat, I think he cares a rest deal but sadly like most is apathetic these days and is so comfortable in his media ‘friendly’ role today, rocking the boat makes no sense. Again I’m loathe to call him out, but fuck it, this is his club, he’s one of us and needs to stand up once and for all and call out what Man Utd fans and Neville are just now noticing at their own club, that bad owners like the Glazers and Ashley have ruined our sport and our game and our clubs and enough is enough. Demonstrate, voice out, protest, join the movement or fuck off and take you pay from your paymasters, Shearer included. 

I'm sure he cares somewhat, but not enough to criticise his mates. At the end of the day staying on good terms with Bruce come first, us being a decent side comes second. As a club we just aren't that important to him, his personal relationships obviously matter a lot more. 

Every other supporter I met thought the likes of the stadium renaming was hilarious and constantly took the piss and continue to do so with Ashley. They don't care about other clubs and never did and now they want supporters to come together against the actions of their own clubs owners. I applaud their efforts but these fans aren't friends in our fight and never will be. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Lineker can't say much now with his new BBC contract.

The point is, he used to and if a Sky pundit who are complicit in the whole ESL saga inadvertently or not can pretty much champion the illegal breaking into a stadium by fans then so can the likes of Shearer contracted to the BBC be far more forceful in his views than he’s has been which I know he’s far more aligned with the likes of a Neville than anyone would guess based on is media persona and punditry on BBC. Just grow a pair basically, all of them, ex players, former legends and fans of all clubs as Man Utd fans have demonstrated today and our own meek ‘fans’ haven’t since Ashley took over. 

Just now, huss9 said:

never really got over the way shearer celebrated scoring at the gallowgate end for blackburn.

:lol: footballer celebrating goal against (childhood) team (that sacked him off). What a scumbag.