Football governance

Nobody

4 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

What a shame there’s still plans for them to remain in their domestic leagues.

Would be absolutely class if they all fucked off.

Says it all that the Premier League will allow them to play reserve teams in the domestic league at the same time cow towing to them by rejecting our takeover.

Fucking arseholes.

Covid has massively accelerated this. Realisation that they can completely exist and thrive without supporters in the ground. Global supporters happy to watch football like a video game. This and the increased involvement of American ownership and American money in the game sees this gradual slide towards a US sports model. 

Very, very sad I think more than anything. The very fabric of European football is based on the history of the domestic games and the subsequent qualification into Europe.

I personally don't think the actual breakaway league will happen. But it will essentially blackmail UEFA into implementing the closed shop that they want. 

It's positive imo. I'd rather they fuck about in their own sanitised, plastic 'super league' than the CL become a more closed shop. 

If they leave the CL that's more chance of other English teams qualifying. 

Itd be better if they fucked off completely. They already have the pick of the players, it's already incredibly difficult to break into the top 6 and almost impossible to win the league. 

Hopefully they'll take PSG and Bayern with them and leave the actual competitive, knockout football to the rest of us.

They're not going to be leaving their domestic leagues though. That's a non starter I think and too much of a risk. They will want guaranteed qualification but be able to continue in domestic football. Which is clearly bad for the competitiveness of both. 

I don't think they've considered (or don't care if they have) that most of these games will be completely meaningless when it becomes apparent only a few can win it and there's no relegation. Man United v Juventus, Spurs v Atletico Madrid have never not mattered before because of the knockout format/mini league they've met in. When its 6th with no chance of winning against 7th with no chance of winning, or the bottom two with no chance of relegation or winning it. There's no rivalry between these clubs and nothing to play for - they'd be glorified prestige friendlies. How long would that stay remotely interesting.

How can anyone, including fans of those clubs invest in those games? You'd need to be like a neutral from the US or Nigeria with no emotional attachment to the sport, clubs or history and no understanding of how pointless the game your watching is to sit and stare at it like the background TV it will be.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

With all the extra revenue I could see their B teams dominating domestically. Such a scenario would absolutely murder the credibility of the premier league.

Yep larger squads, Premier league will become the carabao cup. 

They either fuck off to a super league or they stay in the premiership and quit with this nonsense. Ridiculous. 

Fans will quickly lose interest in both. 

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yep larger squads, Premier league will become the carabao cup. 

They either fuck off to a super league or they stay in the premiership and quit with this nonsense. Ridiculous. 

Fans will quickly lose interest in both. 

Fans wallets will quickly lose interest 

Really hope they fuck off. If they aren't already making everyone bored with the same teams and games in the CL, they will definitely do that with this closed league. How can you ever get excited about playing the same teams over and over again? It's hardly any surprise they have American backers, hence where the boringness of the idea come from.

I wonder if this will trigger the PL to accept our takeover now. Coincidence that this latest development comes at the end of the week where suddenly our takeover saga was in the spotlight again?

Fuck the PL too for bowing and giving in to the demands of the Big 6 all these while especially Liverpool and Spurs who wanted our takeover blocked.

Now, they want to hold the PL to ransom. Karma is a b***h.