Football governance

Nobody

That'll never go through, players won't be having any of it. If they aren't allowed to go anywhere, big wages won't be paid.

Guess theyd sign contracts of maximum 3 years and then enjoy the top clubs having a bidding war with regards to salary, SoF and bonuses

• 2 weeks later...

The new format sounds absolutely wank from pretty much every angle as is the case with anything that is club/UEFA led bar the Nations League and that's a 7/10 at best. If only more games didn't = more revenue.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Wow.  Good for those fan groups.  When will the powers that be begin to understand that the repeated money grabs will kill the golden goose.  I see it here in the States year in and year out.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

It'll take Atleti and Spurs about 3 games to think "Oh shit we're now West Brom"

Meanwhile West Brom are a Premier League team who are 3 decent signings away from a title challenge, or good cup run.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Sad thing is I bet neither will care.

Aye, in the case of Levy it’s all about the money. Bringing in Mourinho was all about keeping Spurs in the top 6, hopefully top 4. He would be all over buying part of or all of an English NFL franchise.

Fuck em, they've made the league a lot worse over the last 10 years, if they want to go and join some money grabbing league, let them, and kick them out the Premier League. Would at least be more competitive. 

Spurs being in a super league would be hilarious. They have 2 league titles in their history.

I’m happy for them to go ahead with it as long as it isn’t alongside the usual premier league. They have to choose which one to compete in, they can’t have both. Also if they do leave the premier league and want to rejoin in the future, they have to work their way up the pyramid.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

Spurs being in a super league would be hilarious. They have 2 league titles in their history.

I’m happy for them to go ahead with it as long as it isn’t alongside the usual premier league. They have to choose which one to compete in, they can’t have both. Also if they do leave the premier league and want to rejoin in the future, they have to work their way up the pyramid.

Aye, the plans are apparently that they stay in the Premier League and these will be midweek games. Our FA should say you either go, that means out of the league, out of the cups, and no B teams, or stay and shut the fuck up. If they do decide to go they should be banned for 20 years from ever returning.