Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Fair play to Tuchel, transformed these.

Don’t agree

They are defending well- atletico were a million times the best team for them to play against as they like to sit back themselves - Chelsea don’t look threatening going forward and will struggle against most sides left- in the premier they struggle to score also

Anyone got 5Live on - who just made the comment about Keegan? Sounded like he played for us, and was a bit of an unnecessary dig.

edit:

I think it was Don Hutchinson - but he said "we", didn't expect to hear him refer to Newcastle in that way after seeing him kiss his Sunderland badge in the corner at SJP. "by the way that's still in the back of my mind, how we never won the title in 94/95 [sic]"

Fair play to Tuchel, transformed these.

Don’t agree

They are defending well- atletico were a million times the best team for them to play against as they like to sit back themselves - Chelsea don’t look threatening going forward and will struggle against most sides left- in the premier they struggle to score also

And they couldn’t defend previously under Fat Frank and are playing a total different style and system hence transformation.

Anyone got 5Live on - who just made the comment about Keegan? Sounded like he played for us, and was a bit of an unnecessary dig.

edit:

I think it was Don Hutchinson - but he said "we", didn't expect to hear him refer to Newcastle in that way after seeing him kiss his Sunderland badge in the corner at SJP. "by the way that's still in the back of my mind, how we never won the title in 94/95 [sic]"

He is a supposed Newcastle fan, but, no proper fan would do that in a derby. You can say the same about Colback also.

Tuchel has since his days at Mainz been an innovate manager not afraid to alter his own system to better fit the squads at his disposal whilst staying true to his core belief of how he wants his teams to play football. I find it weird how skeptical some were after he got the gig.

I was sceptical, largely due to disappointing stints at Dortmund and PSG. There's never been any doubt the talent is there, his knowledge of the game and willingness to innovate is superb. I'd argue to date, he hasn't done himself justice though.

All of my friends that support Atlético are pretty convinced it's time to move on from Simeone. I feel this is going to be a late Wenger situation, where you're aware that the team already peaked years ago and it isn't going to get better anymore, but parting ways with the manager will eventually make them far worse.

It would be interesting to see what Simeone can do in another team, though.

All of my friends that support Atlético are pretty convinced it's time to move on from Simeone. I feel this is going to be a late Wenger situation, where you're aware that the team already peaked years ago and it isn't going to get better anymore, but parting ways with the manager will eventually make them far worse.

Whilst 4 points clear at the top? Christ, have they got a Fans' TV full of utter lunatics as well?

Watching the games v Chelsea and having watched bits and pieces of Real and Barca it's crazy how bad the succession planning of players has been from all 3. The two Madrid teams in particular are so one paced and stodgy compared to other European equivalents.

Tuchel has since his days at Mainz been an innovate manager not afraid to alter his own system to better fit the squads at his disposal whilst staying true to his core belief of how he wants his teams to play football. I find it weird how skeptical some were after he got the gig.

You watched a lot of Mainz?

Because his PSG team was all but innovative and creatove. They were boring and highly dependent of Neymar and Mbappe.

You watched a lot of Mainz?

Because his PSG team was all but innovative and creatove. They were boring and highly dependent of Neymar and Mbappe.

Even this Chelsea side under him are pretty boring. Getting results though so fair play to him.

Wasn't a Madrid like 13 points clear of Barca at one point? Massive drop off hope they do it

IIRC they were 10 points clear with a game in hand. Their form was devastating, second best point total of all time after playing half a season. But since then they have gone off a cliff. Injuries have played a part, but they look spent.