Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, Froggy said:

So have we. Said it before, fans are huge. The proof is there.

Aye, I’m sure your fans would be supporting the team, just like they have been outside the stadium…

fans are huge? The Old Trafford variety are even quieter than those at St James. ‘Prawn sandwich brigade’ indeed. 

13 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Aye, I’m sure your fans would be supporting the team, just like they have been outside the stadium…

fans are huge? The Old Trafford variety are even quieter than those at St James. ‘Prawn sandwich brigade’ indeed. 

The Man United fans showed more in their protests then ours have in over a decade under Ashley. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

I don't think I've ever cringed so much at a post in my life.

You blame the lack of fans, but it’s simply the exact same for ALL teams. It’s just an excuse. 

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

The Man United fans showed more in their protests then ours have in over a decade under Ashley. 

I’m not saying they haven’t. And fair play to them. But the argument about not being in the stadium is causing the team to not play as well as they should is bullshit 

Tricky to gauge too isn't it. If fans matter that much then surely they matter to every team? So some of the games Man United have won away this season they would have lost if the home teams had their fans there?

Obviously some fans are better than others (using Man United as an example here is hilarious though) so you'll see teams like West Ham doing better because they're in empty stadiums.

20 minutes ago, Manxst said:

You blame the lack of fans, but it’s simply the exact same for ALL teams. It’s just an excuse. 

I used our home form as an example and in comparison with Everton and Liverpool. My entire point was that it affects all teams and I wasn't arguing any different. I don't think we'd be unbeaten all season away from home if the opposition teams had fans. I don't think City would have won 12 on the spin away either. There's been a lot of away records broken during the no fans period.

Old Trafford being dead quiet is one of the biggest myths in English football as well. It's nowhere near as loud as it should be and that's another discussion, but there's still 70,000 people cheering on their team and it's fucking loud. You have to be a complete idiot to think that doesn't matter.

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I used our home form as an example and in comparison with Everton and Liverpool. My entire point was that it affects all teams and I wasn't arguing any different. I don't think we'd be unbeaten all season away from home if the opposition teams had fans. I don't think City would have won 12 on the spin away either. There's been a lot of away records broken during the no fans period.

Old Trafford being dead quiet is one of the biggest myths in English football as well. It's nowhere near as loud as it should be and that's another discussion, but there's still 70,000 people cheering on their team and it's fucking loud. You have to be a complete idiot to think that doesn't matter.

Of course fans matter, but I don't think the league table would be too much different this season with fans in. 

Guest neesy111

Away teams have had no pressure with no fans in stadium's.  Ludicrous to say it makes no difference.

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Of course fans matter, but I don't think the league table would be too much different this season with fans in. 

There likely wouldn't be huge changes, but I'm certain the likes of Liverpool would be higher in the table. Their fans are so important to them (and their home support is one of the best in the league). It would have spurred them on a bit more in the home games IMO.

Guest neesy111
Just now, Froggy said:

There likely wouldn't be huge changes, but I'm certain the likes of Liverpool would be higher in the table. Their fans are so important to them (and their home support is one of the best in the league). It would have spurred them on a bit more in the home games IMO.

Especially when they were struggling a bit on the pitch, that's where good support comes in.

Just now, Froggy said:

I think Liverpool and West Ham are the best examples of this coming into play this season. (for positive and negative). I'd probably argue that Leeds might be higher in the table too.

Just now, neesy111 said:

Especially when they were struggling a bit on the pitch, that's where good support comes in.

100%. To me there's just no way that Liverpool side loses 6 home games in a row with the Anfield crowd roaring them on. 

Certainly in some of our home games there has been a real lack of urgency in games where we've needed to score. A crowd can give you a huge kick up the arse.

Aye that's exactly it. As others have said, I don't think league table would be massively different. You can't claim fans aren't having an impact though when you have an unusual amount of teams in the top half struggling at home, while at the same time teams across the board are over-performing away from home. Ridiculous to claim fans aren't having an impact, every game's basically at a neutral venue and the home/away results have been impacted accordingly.

I think the teams would be roughly in the same places but the league might be a bit more elongated points wise. Hopefully be a thing of the past moving forward anyway. 

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Seen this post a few times in recent weeks.

Can’t really say it’s comparable. In the superleague aftermath it became a contest between the fans of the super league teams to protest as much as possible to distance themselves from any criticism of their teams, and also try to show off some passion fir their plastic teams. Whatever actions they did in these protests were not only immune for criticism from the media, but rather applauded. The fact that they all spent the last year at home only increased their enthusiasm when they had a “valid” reason to crowd together cause havoc.

Whatever small effort our fan base has done during MA has been shot down immediately by the media and almost caused more harm than good 

Guest neesy111

If you look at the points total for the top half, it's very high to get in there.  Remember we finished 10th with 45 points under Rafa.

Bottom 3 has been utter shite this season like, has to be one of the worst in recent times. Shite like us, Burnley and Saints not even being close to relegation says a lot. 

I cannot believe the lack of attention West Brom’s second goal being ruled out is getting.

Its a fucking disgrace, if Liverpool had been denied that goal and went on to lose the game there would have been uproar. Sky would hav constantly gone on about VAR and been crying all week about, there’d be candles lit on social media, and we wouldn’t hear the end of it.

Instead because it actually favoured the big team and got the media’s favourite team the win, it’s just, not even being brushed over, it’s being completely ignored.

There was nothing wrong with the goal and Dean fucked up for Liverpool’s first, the decisions they get are unreal and now it’s just being ignored. It’s a joke man