Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, Wullie said:

Remember Di Canio winning some sort of FIFA fair play award for catching the ball when Paul Gerrard was injured.

Can also recall him (I think?) scoring some dubious goal which dumped Man Utd out of the cup one year. Barthez in goal. 

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Wullie said:

Remember Di Canio winning some sort of FIFA fair play award for catching the ball when Paul Gerrard was injured.

He did but the context was completely different around nthe scenarios.

1 minute ago, number37 said:

Whenever Thomas Partey is mentioned on TV, does 'Who Likes to Rock the Party?' by Flight of the Conchords immediately pop into anyone else's mind? Could just be me. 

I get "there's no quim likes to Partey like the quim down in Darty."

I should add that I’d have done exactly that the same thing as Smith-Rowe did. I just think that the right thing to have done is give the goal back. I don’t think De Gea was play acting and I also think Atkinson made the wrong decision. My opinion only, I do see the argument of making the most of any advantage.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

What makes this situation different?

Come on man :lol: A defender pulling up injured while chasing back and a keeper getting floored trying to stop a goal vs a 'keeper already down injured and the opposition knocking it in while they're on the floor. The descriptions are enough.

I don't blame Arsenal though, it's a case of the boy who cried wolf where the modern game's concerned, years ago it might have been a given that De Gea was injured, but now there's every reason to assume the opposite.

Guest neesy111
3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Can also recall him (I think?) scoring some dubious goal which dumped Man Utd out of the cup one year. Barthez in goal. 

That wasn't dubious. It was just barthez keeping his hand up for ages.

IIRC that was literally just Barthez stopping to call for offside when he wasn't and the game was still going on. :lol: The mad bastard.

IIRC Man United all stopped as they were so convinced he was offside, Barthez just stood there with his arm in the air. :lol:

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

There was a point at which I thought Rashford would become world class. He's not looked like he'll get anywhere near that level atm.

I thought he would be the next Ronaldo. There was a point where their goals to age ratio was the exact same. He’s become a real disappointment for me. 

2 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

I thought he would be the next Ronaldo. There was a point where their goals to age ratio was the exact same. He’s become a real disappointment for me. 

I remember when we beat them 1-0 under Bruce, the Matty Longstaff winner, where Rashford was playing up top for them and he just didn't look interested at all. Must have a few games like that.

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

He's been carrying an injury for the best part of 18 months. Scored 3 in 3 when he came back from surgery and then has been in and out of the team strangely.

He's a smasher. Just needs the confidence back which he'll hopefully get from Ralf.

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He's been carrying an injury for the best part of 18 months. Scored 3 in 3 when he came back from surgery and then has been in and out of the team strangely.

He's a smasher. Just needs the confidence back which he'll hopefully get from Ralf.

Sounds similar to what shola did with us.

You's need to get that injury resolved.

8 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

He spends a lot of a game just walking around. Which is amazing because if he’s anything, it’s a runner. 

2 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Sounds similar to what shola did with us.

You's need to get that injury resolved.

We did. He had surgery on it over the summer. 

He didn't get it right away so he could go to the Euros and then was basically never used except for the penalties.

Ended up missing the first 10 games of the season for us.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, kisearch said:

Weirdly, Shola's best form for us by a mile was that Roeder end of the season when he was playing with a fucked hip

He immediately went to shit the next season with it though.