Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I think someone like Benitez would keep us up - but I’d rather watch a Newcastle team playing Howe’s brand of football if we survive.

I'm not sure. I think we made our choice and have to live with it at this point. There is at least 6 players still here from Rafa's tenure that he was trying to peddle, lots have been vocal about liking Bruce more on top. It would be an absolute disaster and negative appointment from the inside, would be the opposite of inspiring the players, it would be a complete divide even if some fans would love it from the outside. 

2 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

We can count our lucky stars that there are three teams just as shite as we’ve been mind.  We really should be long gone with one win in twenty-one

It's crazy that we aren't absolutely done for already

Hopefully we can get some signings in before the end of the window because that is the only chance we have of stringing some wins together

Just now, toontownman said:

I'm not sure. I think we made our choice and have to live with it at this point. There is at least 6 players still here from Rafa's tenure that he was trying to peddle, lots have been vocal about liking Bruce more on top. It would be an absolute disaster and negative appointment from the inside, would be the opposite of inspiring the players, it would be a complete divide even if some fans would love it from the outside. 

Oh, I’m definitely not calling for Benitez to return / Howe to go.  I just think Benitez would have been able to grind results out from the current rabble.  I don’t think it would be a smart move to replace Howe right now

Awful game in terms of actual football, but highly entertaining and bat shit crazy, how we failed to beat both these teams man… if we could just win tomorrow it could be season defining, absolute huge!

Just now, HTT II said:

Awful game in terms of actual football, but highly entertaining and bat shit crazy, how we failed to beat both these teams man… if we could just win tomorrow it could be season defining, absolute huge!

Feels like we have been saying that for a couple of months now... oh wait.. we have lol

Another huge game. Table looks absolutely grim. If every match is a cup final we have to win one of them don't we by replaying. Worked for me when I was purposely crashing every losing FA cup final in CM2 and trying again.. 

26 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

If Watford would have won surely you'd have said the same? They'd have been 5 clear with a game in hand.

Norwich are 4 clear having played 2 games more.

Aye, we needed a draw! Don't want any of them winning. 

How lucky to be still in touching distance have we been so far this season, we've benefitted from a series of favourable results and there's another one to give us something to cling on to. We're as jammy as we are hapless at this junction

7 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I can see the logic, but at the same time Norwich have a shocking run of fixtures to come - them winning keeps everyone in touching distance

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Obviously from a confidence point of view Norwich winning isn't great but if Watford drew I think that could have been worse, especially as they have Burnley next

Win that and they are 6 clear of us (assuming we fail to beat Leeds) with a better GD 

I do think this is a good result, we just need to do our part 

52 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

How good is Dean Smith? I felt he deserved a job at a better club than Norwich after what he did with Villa. 

Well, either he's better than we thought, or Gerrard isn't as good as his spell of subsequent good form at Villa seems to suggest. For me it just shows that you need to judge managers over the longer term. Remember Souness started off here with four wins on the bounce. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not that grim. Ashley's gone. Honestly it's like there's a collective come down on here.

:thup:

It's relentless. You should have been here when we were relegated last January because Fulham had signed Josh Maja.

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not that grim. Ashley's gone. Honestly it's like there's a collective come down on here.

Aye, there's certainly a bit of an echo chamber of negativity forming. Some of it is justified but mostly it's OTT. The club could be relegated rock bottom this season and still be more alive than it has been in almost a decade and a half. 

Great result for us, I thought. Watford have some decent players, but are not getting the most out of them. This defeat brings extra pressure, puts Ranieri's position in doubt, and keeps Dennis out of the next game.

Norwich still look hopeless and pretty much fluked three goals off two shots on target. They won't get this much luck every week. xG was Watford 1.3 Norwich 0.9

10 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Great result for us, I thought. Watford have some decent players, but are not getting the most out of them. This defeat brings extra pressure, puts Ranieri's position in doubt, and keeps Dennis out of the next game.

Norwich still look hopeless and pretty much fluked three goals off two shots on target. They won't get this much luck every week. xG was Watford 1.3 Norwich 0.9

That first goal was absolutely nuts though wasn't it?

6 minutes ago, Ben said:

Rafas new left back not even in the Everton squad

might be injury or something, but he was by far the worst player on the pitch last week so wouldn’t be surprised if he was dropped.