Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Feel the ref bottled it there, it had to be a red at one end or the other imo.

Shaw makes a genuine attempt to get the ball and takes the ball before the man (judgement call for the ref which was play on), it was then definitely a red at the other end

I probably don't know the rules very well. But Shaw gets the ball before the follow through quite clearly. The flight of it changes and then it comes back onto the attacker.

Absolute madness to think it's a red but it's definitely a foul even though he gets the ball first. There's no intent. Lucky for Burnley as it was very close to being a red at the other end too I'd say.

No idea what Neville is on about saying he missed the ball when he clearly didn't. He tries far too hard to not be pro Man United.

So, if the Burnley tackle wasn't a red card after VAR check, Man U would have had a free kick in a dangerous position? Instead Burnley gain an advantage by having committed a red card challange? Have I got that right? :lol:

So, if the Burnley tackle wasn't a red card after VAR check, Man U would have had a free kick in a dangerous position? Instead Burnley gain an advantage by having committed a red card challange? Have I got that right? :lol:

The red card by Burnley was cancelled out because of the foul by Shaw

Pretty much everything that happened after the Shaw tackle doesn't count once it was ruled a foul.

Pretty much everything that happened after the Shaw tackle doesn't count once it was ruled a foul.

Thought they used VAR well there and got it right. Shaw was dangerous but he got a good touch on the ball which means red would’ve been harsh IMO.

The red card by Burnley was cancelled out because of the foul by Shaw

Well then if you feel your player was fouled that means you should go in with both studs up to get a red card to stop the attack, because if you just commit a "professional foul" you just get a booking and they get a free kick.

Burnley gained an advantage by their player committing a red card challange (according to VAR), how is that the correct way to officiate a game?

Thought they used VAR well there and got it right. Shaw was dangerous but he got a good touch on the ball which means red would’ve been harsh IMO.

I do as well. Think they got the Maguire goal wrong though.