Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Fair play to Moyes by the way. Thought he was a cert to be sacked early on the way they played against us. Made some cracking signings.

It should dispel the myth that Bruce isn’t to blame.

Nobody can tell me West Ham have a significantly better squad than us, I’d say we’re probably on par. One is performing really well, the other an absolute car crash.

Their squad is way better

This.

Fabianski

Coufal

Schär

Lascelles/Fernandez

Cresswell/Lewis (under a competent manager)

Rice

Soucek

ASM

Benrahma/Almiron

Fraser

Wilson/Antonio

I don’t think there is a huge gulf at all. They look better, simply because of the oaf in charge. Our team under Rafa would be competitive against that West Ham team.

Fabianski

Coufal

Schär

Lascelles/Fernandez

Rice

Soucek

ASM

Benrahma/Almiron

Fraser

Wilson/Antonio

I don’t think there is a huge gulf at all. They look better, simply because of the oaf in charge. Our team under Rafa would be competitive against that West Ham team.

Dunno man, if you're saying Lewis is in the combined team that sounds a bit spurious :lol:.

Fabianski

Coufal

Schär

Lascelles/Fernandez

Rice

Soucek

ASM

Benrahma/Almiron

Fraser

Wilson/Antonio

Dunno man, if you're saying Lewis is in the combined team that sounds a bit spurious :lol:.

Based on his half a season under Bruce, absolutely not.

But looking at his career to date so far and knowing what he is capable of having seen him play in the PL for Norwich, he absolutely would be under a competent manager. There’s a very good reason why Liverpool were interested in him.

This sort of proves my general point though. Our players are branded as crap because of the idiot in charge of them. Under a competent manager, the same players would suddenly be seen as good.

See Almiron & S Longstaff as two clear examples.

Based on talent, rather than the restrictions of having a shit manager, there is no way West Ham have a ‘way better’ squad.

Maybe Cresswell is better, I’ll concede that one. But you could also argue Dubravka is better than Fabianski... My point being, if there is so many close discussion points, they don’t have a ‘way better’ squad than us and it probably is just about on par.

Dubs over Fabianski nee hass.

I'd have Hayden over Rice just cos of the Cockney/Engerland fanboys.

Don't get the Rice hoo-ha whatsoever. Kalvin Phillips has been class above in comparing English midfielders. Would have McTominay over him everytime n all.

Honestly Isaac Hayden or a Longstaff could have played for England in the games I've watched him and pass it sideways and backwards against likes of Iceland.

Fair play to Moyes by the way. Thought he was a cert to be sacked early on the way they played against us. Made some cracking signings.

He's got a good thing going and he'd be crazy to walk away from it for any club right now.  Sure he can reach for a traditional power but he may be better served flying under the radar a bit.