Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Late to this one but I’ve just watched Lingard’s goals from last night. Both howlers from the Villa keeper.

Aye. :lol: A lot of hype about them but two poor shots and two bad mistakes. Still hoping it puts £10m on the value like.

Not much of a hot take that, plenty of teams are reliant on one or two players getting the goals, and it's not like either of those sides have actually won anything anyway.

Constant analysis and punditry on Spurs bores me to death, they haven't won anything for years, and have competed for the title about once in my lifetime.

Not like Spurs are locking this down with being "defensive". They simply look bereft of any confidence on the ball, surely Kane alone can't cause that difference?

Kane and Son do so much of the heavy lifting it's unreal. They are most involved in the high press and generally set the tempo for it in the opposition half to the half way line. It's like them doing that gives the other players the instruction to follow. Spurs always get the ball to Kane and Son on or even just before the half way line when breaking from the back, then it's generally the Kane and Son show from then unless perhaps a lucky runner picks up the ball around the box that they've got there. Unreal they dont have like for likes on the bench if that's the only way they can play. Which it seemingly is.

Based on this half Vinicius is absolutely not a willing presser either. Is he fuck chasing anyone with the ball toward the half way line. It means Spurs' setup then just allows Chelsea to wander in to their half with the ball.