Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Wolves were good in that second half, City just soaked it all up, didn’t lose their nerve and put them to the sword in the end.

As good as they have been though, this season will only be a success if they can do it in the CL

Wolves were good in that second half, City just soaked it all up, didn’t lose their nerve and put them to the sword in the end.

As good as they have been though, this season will only be a success if they can do it in the CL

Domestically though, they have to be up there with the best we’ve seen? 100 & 98 point title winning seasons, first team to ever win the domestic treble, even in their ‘dip’ year they finished 2nd by a mile, and look like at least the domestic treble and an easy title win is on the cards again.

Bollocks, if they win at least a domestic double, no one will care if they get knocked out of a Champions League quarter final. 21 wins in a row now, equalling their own 28 games unbeaten run. If they beat their local rivals on Sunday to beat that record, not one City fan will claim this season has been a failure.

Still really annoys me they make decisions based on millimetres for something which cannot ever be that accurately measured.

It’s like trying to measure the Atlantic with a ruler and then trying to justify your bizarre decision as accurate.

think the Dutch have used common sense (as usual) and included an element of "margin of error" in their VAR offside calls. makes it so much better than this shit of being offside due to a shirtsleeve.

Domestically though, they have to be up there with the best we’ve seen? 100 & 98 point title winning seasons, first team to ever win the domestic treble, even in their ‘dip’ year they finished 2nd by a mile, and look like at least the domestic treble and an easy title win is on the cards again.

I think Liverpool were going to be their only real test and once they were crippled the league wasn’t too much of a competition. The rest of the euro places this year are the closest in years.

Will be interesting to see how deep the pockets of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are if they don’t make top 4 this season.

It's not like City haven't had their own share of problems; by far the best player in the league has been injured for big parts of the season, and their best ever striker had played about five minutes. They had 1e points after 8 games IIRC, people were legit talking about Pep out. It's been an incredible season for them so far.

City are far too good. De Bruyne did nothing last night and they won 4-1. They've too much strength in depth. Apparently haven't trailed in their last 19 games. Sunday is going to be fun. :lol:

I'm usually pessimistic when we play City anyway but genuinely think they could do us by 3/4 goals on Sunday. Defence needs to be rock solid and Rashford needs to take the few chances Bruno is going to put on a plate for him if we are to get anything.

It's not like City haven't had their own share of problems; by far the best player in the league has been injured for big parts of the season, and their best ever striker had played about five minutes. They had 1e points after 8 games IIRC, people were legit talking about Pep out. It's been an incredible season for them so far.

That's the scary part.

They've played virtually all season without proper forward! The bookies may as well not open a champions market next season if they sign Haaland!

I think you’ve got the squad closest capable to match/beat them. If Man U play above 90% of capability and City around 70% then it’ll be a close run game I reckon.

I assume you mean currently including injuries, as Liverpool have a much better team than we do in general.

Cavani in the squad tonight. It would be a hopeless task without him.

I'm usually pessimistic when we play City anyway but genuinely think they could do us by 3/4 goals on Sunday. Defence needs to be rock solid and Rashford needs to take the few chances Bruno is going to put on a plate for him if we are to get anything.

0-0, surely?

0-0, surely?

I'd snap your hand off right now. :lol: No chance we keep them out.