Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest neesy111

Sporting Lisbon about to win their first title in nearly 20 years and only their 3rd in 40 years. Surprised at that!

Currently unbeaten as well.

Porto and Benfica have been a mess this season according to a Portuguese colleague.

Sporting Lisbon about to win their first title in nearly 20 years and only their 3rd in 40 years. Surprised at that!

Was listening to something the other day saying they really have been a distant third fiddle for a longwhile it’s just been distorted by their ever presence in the Europa League / youth academy churning out talent.

Was listening to something the other day saying they really have been a distant third fiddle for a longwhile it’s just been distorted by their ever presence in the Europa League / youth academy churning out talent.

Aye, they have been just making the numbers up for a while. Better than the rest of the league but nowhere near good enough to be on or with Porto and Benfica.

Benfica over the last year have had a fall from grace. Since the restart they virtually had the title wrapped up last season, and when they came back they fucked it up so many times. There was one point when they were 2-0 up against newly promoted Portimonese who only had like 9 points before the suspension of play, they drew 2-2.

They haven’t recovered at all and are currently 4th.

Southampton losing again but playing some decent football. Just seem to go to bits in the final third. They seem to have loads of decent players but no real standouts aside from JWP and Ings, the latter of which is out of form. Redmond, Djenepo, Harrison - all tidy but not particularly incisive players.

:lol: wot. Somehow I've managed to confuse Armstrong - who, yeah, Disco, I think is a tidy player, has nice footwork - with Harrison Reid, about whom I was thinking "where's he now?" when I was making the post. Still a tenuous excuse because it's not his actual surname but like I've always said it's about the cumulation of points at the end of the season.

"The big dog" :lol:

Assumed you were talking about Jack Harrison tbh.

On actual Harrison Reed...he was, for me, MoM in the Fulham game at the weekend. Played a bit like his boss scurrying about in the middle, think he’s been one of the key reasons Fulham have tightened up these last few weeks.

Southampton losing again but playing some decent football. Just seem to go to bits in the final third. They seem to have loads of decent players but no real standouts aside from JWP and Ings, the latter of which is out of form. Redmond, Djenepo, Harrison - all tidy but not particularly incisive players.

Thought they were higher up the table. Not that long since the "stop the count" tweet, and now theyre sat 14th in the league 3 points behind Palace

Guest neesy111

Sociedad winning verses Real

Barca getting all the attention, but Real are having a shocking season.