Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

:lol: I get why people might not like him.

I stuck with it as long as I could but I can’t listen to it anymore even though Seb is a goto for me, left what will probably be my only apple review about it too. 

37 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Seems like a decent apology though?

21 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

He apologized on air, too. Seems like everyone has moved on.

Yeah i was watching and he sounded very genuine. You could almost imagine him giving himself a head slap for being so stupid. 

Pep is obviously a fantastic manager but no other manager in the world has been able to have a blank cheque book every year to try and fix their defence

I'm not even sure they were going to sign Dias if they hadn't got thrashed by Leicester earlier in the season

In reserve tonight he had Cancelo, Laporte, Ake and Mendy. A whole back 4 of players who cost north of £40mil. Luxuries no other manager has had

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Pep is obviously a fantastic manager but no other manager in the world has been able to have a blank cheque book every year to try and fix their defence

I'm not even sure they were going to sign Dias if they hadn't got thrashed by Leicester earlier in the season

In reserve tonight he had Cancelo, Laporte, Ake and Mendy. A whole back 4 of players who cost north of £40mil. Luxuries no other manager has had

You’re right like, in terms of they need to be at this level for money they’ve spent.

However the impressive thing about him is that when they’ve spent money it’s not really been on long-established top tier players. He’s brought in players and massively improved them or he’s significantly improved what was already there. It’s wasn’t a given that the players such as Laporte, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Walker, or even the likes of KdB and Bernardo would reach this level. Yes they were expensive, but it doesn’t take away from his achievements as a coach imo. 

Edited by Smal

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Shouldn’t have spent that money and just bought in Big Sam.

15 minutes ago, Smal said:

You’re right like, in terms of they need to be at this level for money they’ve spent.

However the impressive thing about him is that when they’ve spent money it’s not really been on long-established top tier players. He’s brought in players and massively improved them or he’s significantly improved what was already there. It’s wasn’t a given that the players such as Laporte, Dias, Stones, Zinchenko, Walker, or even the likes of KdB and Bernardo would reach this level. Yes they were expensive, but it doesn’t take away from his achievements as a coach imo. 

Give him Shelvey, Joelinton, Krafth, Ritchie and Carroll and see how good a coach he really is

6 hours ago, joeyt said:

They were heavily linked with Dias before the Leicester game so that signing was always going to happen

They were after 2 CB's, 1 to replace Kompany and 1 to replace Otamendi

Pep clearly wants two top  players for every position and he has that luxury of being supported by the owners