Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Cannot understand why this guy has continuously been given so much responsibility at Arsenal. Xhaka has been a complete liability and head case for them.

Roma came in for him and they had a great chance to move him on, but instead gave him a new contract for goodness sake! 

Arsenal are absolutely incompetent in all areas at the minute.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Of course it is, but he’s won the whole of the ball and not even touched the player.

Atkinson was booking him until he saw Cancelo’s fake reaction.

If he touched the player that’s going to cause damage. You do not need to go for the ball like that.

Just now, ManDoon said:

If someone throws a punch at you on the pitch but you duck it, it’s a red card. If he had jumped a normal tackle it wouldn’t be a red, no. 

I mean comparing that tackle to a punch is completely hyperbole. A punch is intending to injure someone, that tackle wasn’t.

If he makes contact with the player, I agree it’s a red. But he doesn’t fucking touch him :lol: The player has dived.

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Of course it is, but he’s won the whole of the ball and not even touched the player.

Atkinson was booking him until he saw Cancelo’s fake reaction.

Remember that time Thierry Henry [I think] got booked for jumping in front of the keeper's kick? He was about a metre away and got booked for a dangerous tackle. I never agreed and still don't. It was crazy but it never endangered anybody. That said if the opposing player has to jump out of the way then he has been impeded by the tackle.

Edited by Happinesstan

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Not really. What do you want the player to do, stand there and wait to get his leg broken? Ridiculous. It’s the intent that matters. Players jump tackles all the time, barely any get red. He literally flew at him two footed

No. The player should jump out of the way, as every player does in an tackle. Should he cheat and feign injury though? 

If Cancelo remains standing and doesn’t throw himself to the floor feigning injury, is that still a red card? Doubt it’d even be looked at.

Atkinson literally pulled a yellow out until Cancelo fooled him by faking an injury. Literally rewarding cheating.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

No. The player should jump out of the way, as every player does in an tackle. Should he cheat and feign injury though? 

If Cancelo remains standing and doesn’t throw himself to the floor feigning injury, is that still a red card? Doubt it’d even be looked at.

Atkinson literally pulled a yellow out until Cancelo fooled him by faking an injury. Literally rewarding cheating.

Just another aspect of football that has become part and parcel of the entertainment package on offer.

Look at Pep there, 49 seconds before half time, his team is 3-0 up, a man up, and he’s discussing with his assistant how to improve.

On our sidelines we have a fat cunt who looks like he stumbles out of a night club   trying to chat up the lass behind the bar who is 30 years younger than him before heading to Kebab King and ordering a family meal deal for himself. 

Just now, ManDoon said:

What is your point here? It’s as clear a red card as you’re gonna see. Two footed, off the ground, out of control, reckless. Literally all of those things. 

And also nowhere near connecting with the opposition player… My point is quite clear. A player has just dived and faked an injury which changed the referee’s decision.

Mental.