Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

These lazy pundits blaming Ronaldo for the way Man U are playing, in what world can you blame a bloke that scores virtually a goal a game for Man U's defence issues " you need to defend from the front" give owa man.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

signed ronaldo as a vanity project when they already had cavani,

and signed the wrong england international from dortmund.

Do you think Rice would of replaced both Fred and Mctomminey ?

2 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Remember when everyone thought Henderson was shit? 

Not even just underrated now, just an absolutely quality player.

That ball to Salah for his hat trick was obscenely good

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

No you don't remember or no he's not quality? :lol:

Just don’t like him at all, particularly for England. Liverpool look much better with him in the team granted but I’m pretty sure they could replace him with better. He’s nowhere near as good as Kante for example.

12 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Just don’t like him at all, particularly for England. Liverpool look much better with him in the team granted but I’m pretty sure they could replace him with better. He’s nowhere near as good as Kante for example.

Different roles, but even then there's not a DM out there I'd put anywhere near Kante tbf. Henderson must be an excellent leader as well, which you don't really get to see purely by watching. His stock has probably risen more than any other player I can think of. Vardy maybe, but in a different way.

From this bang average Sunderland player everyone laughed at for being signed for £20m, to captaining Liverpool for 6 years to the league and Champions League and being a key player in all of it. Thought he was underrated from about 2013, but I never saw him getting to the level he's got to.

Edited by kisearch

17 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Very few players in the world are as Kante like :lol:

20 minutes ago, kisearch said:

Different roles, but even then there's not a DM out there I'd put anywhere near Kante tbf. Henderson must be an excellent leader as well, which you don't really get to see purely by watching. His stock has probably risen more than any other player I can think of. Vardy maybe, but in a different way.

From this bang average Sunderland player everyone laughed at for being signed for £20m, to captaining Liverpool for 6 years to the league and Champions League and being a key player in all of it. Thought he was underrated from about 2013, but I never saw him getting to the level he's got to.

Henderson is a technically above average player, has incredible stamina and most importantly can follow instructions to the letter. He is one of the best at leading the press from the midfield and can quickly control and release the ball. This makes him gold dust for someone like Klopp or Rodgers. 

He is nowhere even close to Kante but he is an important player for us. There is an element of right time, right coach aspect to his growth. But at the same time I don't want to diminish Henderson's contribution to his growth also. It is not pure luck. He is the type who puts in everything to maximize the talent he has.    

He has a clearly defined role for us and gives us 7-8/10 performances day in day out. In a non-counterpressing, more slow build up team like England, he is not a good fit.  He is very impressive in the right system. At the same time, he is not that uber talented that his quality shines through in any system. 

19 minutes ago, rgk_lfc said:

Henderson is a technically above average player, has incredible stamina and most importantly can follow instructions to the letter. He is one of the best at leading the press from the midfield and can quickly control and release the ball. This makes him gold dust for someone like Klopp or Rodgers. 

He is nowhere even close to Kante but he is an important player for us. There is an element of right time, right coach aspect to his growth. But at the same time I don't want to diminish Henderson's contribution to his growth also. It is not pure luck. He is the type who puts in everything to maximize the talent he has.    

He has a clearly defined role for us and gives us 7-8/10 performances day in day out. In a non-counterpressing, more slow build up team like England, he is not a good fit.  He is very impressive in the right system. At the same time, he is not that uber talented that his quality shines through in any system. 

Some nice to read insight there, cheers. 👍

My mate who's a Liverpool fan thinks Henderson missing the last few matches of 13/14 was the main reason you didn't win the league, or at least more than the slip, would you say that's right?