Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Deserved win for Canada. Proper cynical CONCACAF shit all game, but a win’s a win.

Somebody on Twitter said this Canada team reminds of Bob Bradley’s USMNT and I think that’s a fair assessment. A few players of genuine class, great on the counter, 100% effort from all 11 on the pitch. Don’t think they have the quality in midfield to be able to dictate games through the middle, but Davies, Adekugbe, Buchanan, etc. down the flanks feeding David and Larin means they can stick with most. 

Edited by Tomato Deuce

No Davies, no Eustaquio who just signed for Porto, no Hutchinson. No problem. 

As @Tomato Deuce said poor midfield today but the best two were out and piette also injured. Full on bias but Eustaquio is arguable the best midfield of his role in Concacaf. Kaye is hot and cold and Atiba is done this year. Some potential quality CM players coming through but CB and CM is the soft centre.

26 minutes ago, triggs said:

Missing Alphonso Davies too?

Yup, last two games. We are a tight unit even without him.

I can’t believe we’re top of the group and unbeaten. :lol: Golden age of Canadian Footie right now. Unreal.

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

I can’t believe we’re top of the group and unbeaten. :lol: Golden age of Canadian Footie right now. Unreal.

A buddy of mine sent me some photos from his spot with the Voyageurs when the FT whistle blew and I haven't seen this many shirtless men since my one and only Newcastle game

Edit: New page Canadian wanker

Edited by woody

46 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

Does Davies usually play left back or further forward?

14 minutes ago, triggs said:

He's played as a left winger and somewhat as the left forward in a three man attack. He basically gets free reign down the left. Adekube (who used to play for my hometown club) normally gets the LB/LWB role, at least from games I've watched

46 minutes ago, woody said:

A buddy of mine sent me some photos from his spot with the Voyageurs when the FT whistle blew and I haven't seen this many shirtless men since my one and only Newcastle game

Edit: New page Canadian wanker

I live half the month in Hamilton, if I didn’t have my kids this weekend, would have been there, definitely not topless, however. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I live half the month in Hamilton, if I didn’t have my kids this weekend, would have been there, definitely not topless, however. :lol: 

Gonna drop you and @toontownmana DM about the next Canada match. Me and a buddy are trying to arrange a trip

42 minutes ago, triggs said:

26 minutes ago, woody said:

He's played as a left winger and somewhat as the left forward in a three man attack. He basically gets free reign down the left. Adekube (who used to play for my hometown club) normally gets the LB/LWB role, at least from games I've watched

What @woody has said, but Davies covers so much of the pitch, you’d think he was centre mid. We are so lucky to have him, easily our greatest ever player.

Qualifying in style would really do wonders for Football here. They all seem like such a great group of players too. Really chuffed for them.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

What @woody has said, but Davies covers so much of the pitch, you’d think he was centre mid. We are so lucky to have him, easily our greatest ever player.

Qualifying in style would really do wonders for Football here. They all seem like such a great group of players too. Really chuffed for them.

We've come such a long way from Even Pellerud demanding hoofs from the back for the women's team and now this on the men's side. Will say that I thought Zambrano was the real deal to lead this team until the Herdman replacement/coup. Herdman has done an amazing job bringing this team together. We had former CPL players out today which I would have never expected.

Herdman has surprised me, full praise to him. I wasn’t expecting much, figured we’d be close to qualifying, possibly 3rd or 4th.

To be unbeaten and top of the group is really something else. I hope they’re all extremely proud of how far they’ve come. 

19 hours ago, Disco said:

Cracking noise when the goals go in given it was restricted crowd. Always nice to see a rogue Orthodox Cathedral visible behind a goal too.

Hamilton's actually a lovely place, besides the large amount of mafia families and biker gangs.

4 minutes ago, woody said:

Hamilton's actually a lovely place, besides the large amount of mafia families and biker gangs.

Haha...I live in West Hamilton, Kirkendal, near Locke Street South. Fairly dull compared to Crown Point. :lol: