Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17/10/2020 - post match from p18

Disco

Absolutely gutted after that. That Man U team was awful. Understand giving them respect if that was one of the Man U teams of old, but they had bloody Fred and Mctominay in midfield, were coming off a humping at the hands of Spurs and were in so much chaos I reckon Solskjaer gets sacked if he loses this.... Didn’t even TRY and have a go at them.... massive kick in the bollocks from an inept tactician, who claimed we were ‘naive’ at the end in his post match.... errrm, you played Joelinton at right wing, lumped the ball up all game to Callum Wilson, had NO presence in midfield. Why he insisted on leaving Darlow on as well... shocking stuff!

Is Bruno Fernandes as good as the price tag by the way? Still undecided on him. Obviously the number of penalties they get will probably mean he hits close to 20 goals at least in all competitions.

The finish for his goal was brilliant. I do think the penalty statistics have overexaggerated how good he is a bit but he still looks a very good player to me

His diving is annoying

Is Bruno Fernandes as good as the price tag by the way? Still undecided on him. Obviously the number of penalties they get will probably mean he hits close to 20 goals at least in all competitions.

He's fantastic. Always forward thinking, always looking for the killer ball. Never stops running. Orchestrates everything. He's twice the player Pogba is.

Absolutely gutted after that. That Man U team was awful. Understand giving them respect if that was one of the Man U teams of old, but they had bloody Fred and Mctominay in midfield, were coming off a humping at the hands of Spurs and were in so much chaos I reckon Solskjaer gets sacked if he loses this

Fred and McTominay have been outstanding performers for us over the last 18 months. We were losing 2-1 to Spurs and then a disgraceful decision meant we went down to 10 men. Likely would have lost anyway but lets not get carried away with that result.

Ole is in no danger of being sacked. Liverpool shipped 7 to Villa, is Klopp getting sacked? No. We've played 4 games FFS. :lol: The man just guided us to third a matter of months ago. Catch yourself on.

He's fantastic. Always forward thinking, always looking for the killer ball. Never stops running. Orchestrates everything. He's twice the player Pogba is.

Absolutely gutted after that. That Man U team was awful. Understand giving them respect if that was one of the Man U teams of old, but they had bloody Fred and Mctominay in midfield, were coming off a humping at the hands of Spurs and were in so much chaos I reckon Solskjaer gets sacked if he loses this

Fred and McTominay have been outstanding performers for us over the last 18 months. We were losing 2-1 to Spurs and then a disgraceful decision meant we went down to 10 men. Likely would have lost anyway but lets not get carried away with that result.

Ole is in no danger of being sacked. Liverpool shipped 7 to Villa, is Klopp getting sacked? No. We've played 4 games FFS. :lol: The man just guided us to third a matter of months ago. Catch yourself on.

from Martial, yeah. Regardless of what you thought Lamela did (and whether he should have been sent off too) you would still have been down to 10 men.

The finish for his goal was brilliant. I do think the penalty statistics have overexaggerated how good he is a bit but he still looks a very good player to me

His diving is annoying

if OGS wises the fuck up and gets Donny in the team ASAP i reckon Bruno is going to be very productive generally, the moment he came on against us they looked a different proposition...everything one touch, much faster and forcing people to move into space through the midfield

if he leaves him on the bench now he needs shooting with shit

It's going to be interesting if he can fit Pogba Fernandes and van der Beek in the same midfield

was discussing with my manyoo mate when they bought VDB - imo you play Pogba deep like he played for France at times in their WC win, let the other two do all the attacking because Pogba simply doesn't produce enough

against better teams drop Pogba or switch it up, but against shite like us they should be dominating with the 3 of them

This is the damning indictment of Bruce's "tactics":  he is incapable of making any adjustments to the teams approach, even at halftime.

He's a cut and paste manager and then he looks clueless as his tactical approach is slowly dissected and then shredded.  When a team figures how you are playing and then counter it, you have to be prepared to counter their changes.  This isn't the dinosaur days when everyone plays the same and the difference is team motivation and individual play within the same tactical construct.

Well, Roy Keane is impressed, so...

source.gif

Why isn’t Donny starting? Bruno is one of the best players in the league IMO.

It's coming. Ole just giving everyone a chance. Donny will be in the team soon and he won't be leaving it.

Who does he replace in your midfield? Can you play him, Fernandes and Pogba together?

Why isn’t Donny starting? Bruno is one of the best players in the league IMO.

It's coming. Ole just giving everyone a chance. Donny will be in the team soon and he won't be leaving it.

Who does he replace in your midfield? Can you play him, Fernandes and Pogba together?

I honestly wouldn't. I would drop Pogba and play McTominay/Matic, Van de Beek and Bruno. Pogba can play deeper though and that's almost certainly what is going to happen. If we got a good offer from Real/Barca for Pogba I'd be happy to see him sold.

I think Fred holding with Van De Beek & Bruno ahead in a 3 could be Man Utd's best midfield. Fred was absolutely quality at times last season.

I actually rate their first 11 quite highly, especially if Telles hits the ground running and can replace Shaw. Maguire, Bailly & De Gea are all quality players despite being out of form currently, and the midfield and attacking options they have are of an extremely high standard. They just have a terrible manager.

I think Fred holding with Van De Beek & Bruno ahead in a 3 could be Man Utd's best midfield. Fred was absolutely quality at times last season.

I actually rate their first 11 quite highly, especially if Telles hits the ground running and can replace Shaw. Maguire, Bailly & De Gea are all quality players despite being out of form currently, and the midfield and attacking options they have are of an extremely high standard. They just have a terrible manager.

Fred was arguably our best player last season but not as the holder. He's actually awful there. When we were playing our best football McTominay was holding and Fred was the link between defence and attack, and he was brilliant there.

I don't think Telles was brought in to replace Shaw, but rather to allow Shaw to move into a back 3. 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 however you look at it has yielded some excellent results for us and Shaw was in the middle each time and played brilliant. His pace allowed him to cover Maguire a lot better than Lindelof can in a back 4.

Calling Ole terrible in the same post as praising Fred is strange to me. Fred was awful under Mourinho. McTominay, Fred, Lindelof, Shaw, Rashford and Martial have all had their best seasons for us under Ole. Not sure why people refuse to give credit to the manager in that regard.

Maguire isn't quality by the way. He's an absolute bomb scare. Makes far too many individual errors to be considered a top centre back. Defended him for long enough. He needs dropped.

Bailly is a sicknote. Also makes some ludicrous decisions. An excellent defender when the ball is on the ground though.