Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17/10/2020 - post match from p18

Disco

The wheels will fall off soon.

Darlow probably out and Gillespie the only first team goalie left.

Hayden joins both longstaff brothers in the treatment room.

Now our only fit back up defender will have to play in DM.

Good thing we didnt need another CB or CM and let our best CB go on loan.

That was coming to be honest for most of the game, it just took Man Utd to do what they're renowned for,scoring late, but scoring 3 late.

My HT commentary said that Newscastle had no game plan and basically looked like a side who just showed up.

That was at 1-1 :lol:

I think they saw it coming.

A fluke goal, and 2 shots on target. I don't think I could even entertain watching this anymore unless ASM plays.

Funny thing is Bruce's reaction to this will be thinking he should have played 5 at the back instead :lol:

Going to be an awful season. 'Pass the ball to ASM and cross your fingers lads!' The tactical mind of Bruce.

Wilson lonely upfront again chasing passes around him like a dog in the park.

This is a poor loss against an average side, regardless of the fact that it is Manchester United. The manager is a tactical coward. Gifted an early lead against a side who have been ripped apart by Crystal Palace and Brighton, and embarrassed by Tottenham, this team sits back, plays scared, and has no fluency whatsoever going forward. You cannot spend 80 minutes just hoping the other team does not score. Today is a waste. The aversion to Almiron is something I will never understand, either. Frankly, he does a better job tracking on the wing than Hendrick, who provides nothing in this role, anyway. So play him.

We are thoroughly depressing to watch. Never has it been more evident that a manager of a team doesn’t believe in tactics.

Aye.

Shown up all the more by managers of promoted sides that have infinitely more about them.

Guest reefatoon

We might as well just forfeit games against the top teams. We don’t even try to do anything, apart from sit back and try (and fail) to keep the score down.