In memoriam

James

He was a Newcastle fan mind. Obviously became a Manchester United fan after spending most of his life there as you would. So i never held any ill will against him at all. Not much different to KK or someone with us really.

Maradona, Cruyff, Pele and Charlton in short order really. That's the whole facials of legends on the ball on ITV's 1990 World Cup intro except Beckenbauer.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

One of my dad's heroes. Fantastic player. RiP 

On the flip side I’ve never seen my Dad so keen to give someone an earful as he walked round the cinder track at Wembley at the cup final.

Brilliant footballer, may he rest in peace. Forgot his roots and he flew to Asia for a Man U game when he was told his mother was about to die. Says it all for me and it’s a hard take. When I was very young and went abroad, everybody knew Bobby Charlton. 

He was the world's most famous footballer at a time when there were far fewer famous people, never mind footballers.

I am vaguely related to him, or I was at one point, my first mother in law was a cousin of the Millburn's.

RIP.

I presume he still wasn't very liked in Ashington whereas Jackie was? Was it all to do with his wife falling out with his mam or something?

Remember watching that Jackie charlton documentary about his dementia and something getting mentioned about it