Leeds United 5-2 Newcastle United - 16/12/2020 - Postmatch reaction from page 18

Disco

We took the lead and showed some character to come back from behind. Come on, that's some good stuff from Brucey's Boys.

yeah, and then we went all out for the win and they picked us off with 3 flukey goals on the break and gave the score an unrealistic look.

25 shots by Leeds - 1 every 3-4 mins.  Our midfield is weak as piss.  We can't defend against players running at us with pace and from the 1st whistle, we just get deeper and deeper.  I watched Wilson today and he is starting to get pissed off.  Man the life boats, if we can be arsed.  And that's just it, as a fan base I don't we think we are.  13 years of this and I think the only thing that could re-juvenate us is a takeover.

At 2-2 and even 3-2 I thought we were in it. But then wtf, I don’t even know how to explain what I just saw. Their fourth goal, just fitter, more organised, wanted it more. That killed us. Their 5th was just icing on the cake and what a great goal.

The thing is man for man we are or should be on a par with them. But that’s the difference between a good manager and Steve Bruce.

Sean LongCovid should never start another match for us. Doesn’t give a flying fuck. I said it before on his thread, that 50m rumour gave him notions and he’s been absolute garbage ever since. Oh and before someone jumps in with “but Rafa”.. yes I agree he had that drilled into him but a player has to take responsibility for their personal level of performance/fitness. He’s a total disgrace.

Joelinton's physical presence was causing their two centre halves a few problems. It wasn't the finest example of holding the ball up you'll ever see but he was doing a decent job. Any pressure we could put on them completely evaporated when Buttery Steve sent Gayle on instead.

to be honest he got deeper and deeper as the first half went on and never got near their centre halfs for the rest of the game.

Joelinton's physical presence was causing their two centre halves a few problems. It wasn't the finest example of holding the ball up you'll ever see but he was doing a decent job. Any pressure we could put on them completely evaporated when Buttery Steve sent Gayle on instead.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha fuckin ha!

We look vulnerable at both fullback positions.

Yeah it's an obvious issue. Murphy is dreadful, and Lewis I thought was going to be a good buy when we signed him, but everytime I've watched him, he just seems clueless at defensive positional play, its amateur to watch at times.

I just think Bruce was revelling in his genius of the last game where he just kept sending attackers on. Decided to just repeat and it would work.

He always does this sort of thing because that's the extent of his footballing intellect, the fat mess.

Still according to him it's insulting to call him a crap manager.

I just think Bruce was revelling in his genius of the last game where he just kept sending attackers on. Decided to just repeat and it would work.

He always does this sort of thing because that's the extent of his footballing intellect, the fat mess.

Yep, good result, repeat exactly. Bad result, change things around randomly.

Guest neesy111

He's a horrible manager.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha fuckin ha!

Give it a rest man, we know what you think. Well done.

I was all for fetching Gayle and Almiron on. We were getting battered. Then we just continued to get battered with them on.

Almiron yeah, not sure about Gayle. And we desperately needed to get Longstaff off.

Would've had Almiron on for Hendrick. Don't think Gayle needed to be sent on whatsoever.

:lol: Exactly this. "It worked last time, it'll work again"

We look vulnerable at both fullback positions.

Yeah it's an obvious issue. Murphy is dreadful, and Lewis I thought was going to be a good buy when we signed him, but everytime I've watched him, he just seems clueless at defensive positional play, its amateur to watch at times.

Lewis is an awful defender and for some bizarre reason Bruce is trying to make Murphy a fullback.  Keep doing that Bruce and we are going humped every week.