Our Worst Manager Under Ashley

ChrisMcQuillan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kinnear was probably the most humiliatingly bad appointment - it was genuinely outwardly embarrassing having him as manager, whereas most of the others were just plain embarrassing. He was an absolutely dreadful manager, only outdone by Carver in terms of ability.

In terms of hatred, I'd put Kinnear second again to Pardew, with Bruce rapidly rising up the ranks. Time has a habit of numbing anger, but it shouldn't be forgotten just how detestable and damaging Pardew was due to how long he spent here pushing Ashley's agenda.

Pardew successfully realigned expectation for a large portion of our fanbase.

Kinnear was bizarre.  The sheer lunacy of his appointment is enough. 

Carver was a sack of shite but he was just a caretaker.

Bruce is an ignorant dinosaur through and through.  He's got a cabbage head and a noodle spine.

Schteve McLaren was another taken off the scrap heap who delivered exactly what we expected of him: nothing.

Pardew had some good times but he had some talented squads.  Without knowing the man you would have thought we'd be pissed when he left but we cheered.

I voted Kinnear but only because I try like hell to erase Bruce from my conscious thought.

The style of football wasn’t as repulsive under McClaren though. We at least tried to attack and play it on the deck.

Aye, I was pretty optimistic after the Southampton 2-2 draw and the draw at Old Trafford. We played really well on that opening day. Thought we’d still be a 10th-12th placed team but would look slightly better achieving it. We had some poor games too early on like Swansea away but we had a system and created chances (remember Mitro hitting the bar with a header from edge of the box and Thauvin having a great chance at Man Utd for instance). It soon unravelled but you could at least see what he was trying to do.

Pardew.

He was clearly Ashley's man more than any and that had the biggest negative impact. His moderate early success coupled with trotting out the regime propaganda succeeding in brainwashing loads of our fans and stripping the club of its former ambition.

Some of the others were arguably worse (although I still think many forget just how shit we were for about 3 years under Pardew), but their shiteness didn't fundamentally damage the fanbase in the same way and produce a load of fucking apologists.

Carver by a long shot. Just a shit cunt in every way even if he probably meant well in his head and wasn’t a vindictive lying piece of shit like Pardew or Bruce.

Carver was comfortably the worst manager, but my hatred for Pardew and Bruce is much greater.

:thup:

Kinnear’s management was just before my time as a supporter, so I’ll not rate him in that regard.

In terms of direness of quality on the pitch:

1. Carver

2. McClaren

3. Bruce

4. Pardew

In terms of pure, unadulterated shithousery:

1. Pardew

2. Kinnear (DoF)

3. Bruce

4. Carver

5. McClaren

Weird people remember finishing 5th under Pardew, but forget the following season where we nearly got relegated with a side that should have been pushing the European places.

Don’t forget it he was turd from then on but can’t deny finishing 5th was good and say it was all despite him and blame him for everything after

Weird people remember finishing 5th under Pardew, but forget the following season where we nearly got relegated with a side that should have been pushing the European places.

Don’t forget it he was turd from then on but can’t deny finishing 5th was good and say it was all despite him and blame him for everything after

Also Ashley letting him sign only Anita that summer led to the downturn and we did get to the quarters of the europa league

Carver if we are talking purely in terms of ability, the bloke would be the kit man at a half decent run club. I don't actually think there's much difference in managerial expertise between Bruce and Pardew they are both really shit, Pardew still edging ahead on the hate-ometer due his general sleaze factor.

That 5th season...we had a very good team and were a bit lucky, remember seeing a TEDTalk with a guy explaining/showing how crazy it was that we ended up 5th when looking at the amount of goals we scored compared to chances created. Cisse pretty much scored every time he touched the ball when he arrived. Of course, the following season we were almost relegated with the same team.

Confused how the argument with Pardew is that’s it’s all fluke when he did well but all his fault when it went bad

Because he's bad?

He is but didn’t do a bad job here

He did mind.

The good results were all down to the quality of the players. When he got involved and tried to ‘manage’ it went to shit.

See: Teamtalks, half-time and Leftbacks: constant subs for some examples.

Revisionism at its best this

He was utter dross and an absolute muppet to boot.

Confused how the argument with Pardew is that’s it’s all fluke when he did well but all his fault when it went bad

Because he's bad?

He did mind.

The good results were all down to the quality of the players. When he got involved and tried to ‘manage’ it went to shit.

I agree with it all just think you can give some credit like 😅

Because he's bad?

He did mind.

Ha not a chance

Not from me at least

Because he's bad?

He did mind.

Ha not a chance

Not from me at least

Fair enough

Kinnear was bizarre.  The sheer lunacy of his appointment is enough. 

Carver was a sack of shite but he was just a caretaker.

Bruce is an ignorant dinosaur through and through.  He's got a cabbage head and a noodle spine.

Schteve McLaren was another taken off the scrap heap who delivered exactly what we expected of him: nothing.

Pardew had some good times but he had some talented squads.  Without knowing the man you would have thought we'd be pissed when he left but we cheered.

I voted Kinnear but only because I try like hell to erase Bruce from my conscious thought.

Cabbage heed and noodle spine :lol: :lol: :lol:.

That's inspired me, so to the tune of the hokey cokey;

"He's got a cabbage heed and a noodle spine

When it's all gone to shite, he'll tell us that it's fine

He plays shit football, he's the worst about

and that's why we want him OUT!

Oh Brucey, Brucey, Brucey

Ohhhhhhhh Brucey, Brucey, Brucey

You're shite, so we're shite, now just FUCK OFF".

Carver the worst, 100%. Then its a toss-up between Bruce and McClaren for me.

Bruce because of what he inherited and our continual regression while being patronising and an all round cunt to the fans as well as the media sucking his cock and telling us to be grateful. The football is shite while this squad is arguably the best we've had since 2013/14. We're much worse than under Benitez when we had a squad with next to no investment for 1 and a half seasons until Almirón arrived.

McClaren for being so shit and getting that 2015/16 squad relegated. IMO it was possible to see that he tried to get us playing okay stuff and we did in patches in certain games but on the whole the team reflected McClaren as a person, just a weak, wet flannel. But he was just generally shit, our unbeaten run towards the the end of the season under Benitez showed what that team was capable of and also imo 2015/16 is a big reason for the politics between Rafa and Ashley in the following seasons, it set us back years.