Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

May have just been bigging his player up or trying to give him some confidence. Just in case he doesn’t get another midfielder in. 

But you have to think that Howe, Ashworth and co watched that and realised that he needs game time. And also that we are going to be struggling in the league, if he starts more than a few games in midfield.

Clearly the wrong decision to keep him at the club in my opinion. 

Doesn't seem to have progressed at all since pre-season, needs to play regular, competitive football.

Edit - obviously I mean we should have sent him on loan rather than get rid all together! 

Edited by Keegans Export

11 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

His success at Bristol Rovers came out wide, and he's always looked better coming in from wider positions in his appearances for us too. 

I don't see why we seem to want him to develop at CM. 

I’m hoping it is more for needs must, as we don’t have any centre mids when we rotate. Was the same at Tranmere, as Shelvey was injured then and all. 

I think his sub apps have often been out wide?

He's not going to be good enough for us that's pretty evident and maybe not for the Premier League. He's not blindingly out of his depth like some and as such I'd sooner loan them out than him.

10 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

I’m hoping it is more for needs must, as we don’t have any centre mids when we rotate. Was the same at Tranmere, as Shelvey was injured then and all. 

I think his sub apps have often been out wide?

I'm not sure that it is honestly, he played at CM in pre-season games too once he was brought back into the fold. He may have been introduced out wide from the bench for the closing minutes of a few games but I'm pretty sure the majority of his minutes this year have been in the middle. 

Have some faith number 1 in him and number 2 in Howe ffs

If Howe thinks he can learn better here then he knows best tbh

Lads a youngin and getting written off after previous decent performances and one bad performance. 

The preseason hype was way too much too tbh. Absolutely no need to go from one extreme to another so quickly, remember reading that we don't need Maddison because of him. :lol: He's a kid who has barely played, he'll have good games and bad games.

He'll carve out a nice career for himself if he avoids injury but I'll be amazed if he ever plays much for us given where we're expected to operate in the coming years.

We're all excited because he looked good in the fourth tier of English football last year. A product of our fanbase as a whole being absolutely starved of quality coming from our academy for so long. There's way too much expectation on him when in reality I don't think he should be seen as quite an exciting a prospect as he is. He's not even that young.